So I beat SSB:B jap version

Status
Not open for further replies.

miiplaywii

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
AND IT WAS AWESOME! (I'm sure you'll find spoilers in here) My first impression of Brawl was that it plays the exact same as Melee. And it still does. There are more characters, more items, more levels, better graphics but it still has the Melee feel. I guess they didn't want to mess with a good thing. For controls, the remote & nunchuck or the GC controller is best. The Wii remote on its side is crap. But who owns remotes without nunchucks anyway? The level editor is ok but not great. The online is a lag-fest for me but I think thats because I'm playing a Jap version in Canada.

In conclusion, if you want to be good at Brawl for when it comes out, practice on Melee.

I'll give it a 9.4/10 because its an excellent game but I've done most of it before.

I see. Your review is pretty good. I'm sure if you played the am. version, online would be much better. As for the remote, have you tried to classic? I want to see how that one works.

at least someone says it plays like melee. sounds like melee with an expansion.

Melee was so good and fresh at the time, its going to be hard to stray too far away from how that plays really.

I am excited for Brawl though, can't wait.

Hmm plays like Melee. Thats fine but I think the big problem for most people is that it wont have the same special moves (wavedashing, etc.). But thats totally fine for me since I was never really a hardcore SSBM player.

Every review I read just gets me more psyched for this game.
When you say the level editor is OK, what exactly are its pros and cons? Can you tell us some of the items you can use in it?

GigaRidley said:
Every review I read just gets me more psyched for this game.
When you say the level editor is OK, what exactly are its pros and cons? Can you tell us some of the items you can use in it?

yeah...wat he said

thats cool but you could ahve put more detail as to why you would rate it a 9.4. Which is probly lower then youd give melee, in all respects how would this game not feel like melee i mean wtf? i cant see how you would change it. Would you like a ssb game to play like final fantasy or cod4?

Donnyp1141 said:
thats cool but you could ahve put more detail as to why you would rate it a 9.4. Which is probly lower then youd give melee, in all respects how would this game not feel like melee i mean wtf? i cant see how you would change it. Would you like a ssb game to play like final fantasy or cod4?

GOOD point:yesnod: its suppose to play like that in the first place.

thnx king....but rly hes to vague, what would you give melee? I trust IGN and they gave melee a 9.6, so are you saying that new charicters and stages and the sse are a step down from melee?

Donnyp1141 said:
thnx king....but rly hes to vague, what would you give melee? I trust IGN and they gave melee a 9.6, so are you saying that new charicters and stages and the sse are a step down from melee?

to tell u the truth i dont think he has the game... compare hes review compared to others. all he says is that it reminds him of melee. he ether hasnt played melee(since he made an assumption its bad b/c it reminds him of it) or he doensnt have the game. plain and simple bad review.

the game is suppose to be a sequel, so its gonna be a lot like the other 2. di-di-der

you know your the only person with a review who thinks it plays exactly like melee? how much melee did you play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back