So i spoke to blockbuster in the UK about renting.. wii games..

wii<33333

Banned
Feb 2, 2007
a wiii island
Wii Online Code
2970-8339-9250-7065

Yesterday i was planning in getting need for speed carbon on the wii.
i Went and payed for it and asked a quick question to them. i asked when are we able to rent out wii games. And they said well im not sure if we will be planning in renting wii games out as not many people have are not intrested in them like the DS so the probality is that we might not be renting out wii games.

I no that in USA i hear alot of things from you saying rent it first but not here =[

what are your thoughts on it thanks =]

* including USA thoughts =p *

I can tell you the selection of Wii games at most Chicago area Blockbusters are limited. I found one store that has no games, one that has 2, and another that has 7, with 6 of them checked out at the time.

I also hear similar stories with GameFly etc. places. That the selection is limited and there is often a queue for their Wii games.

I think the reason is that there is not many systems out to actually make a profit from the rentals, even at 6.99 for 5 days like at BB. They would have to rent the same game out about 10 times to make a logical profit (not including business expense figures).

I am estimating that my area sold about 1-2k Wiis. So about 1 to 2% of all Wii owners would have to rent that individual game to keep renting that game profitable.

Blockbuster sucks. If you want rental, pick Gamefly. I'm not sure if Europe gets Gamefly. But it's the Netflix version for video games.

I once rented 2 games from Blockbuster. Legend of Mana and Parasite Eve 2 in college. I won the games, and returned them to the store with 1 hour to spare. The next day I go to rent something I get slammed with late fees. They never clocked the games in on time. They told me I should have put them in the bin earlier. After that I never rented from Ballsbuster again.

LMAO - How about you buy the game. If you don't like it, Take it back with the Reciept for a full refund

'It crashes on Multiplayer though Singleplayer is fine I'd like Multiplayer'

Thats my Excuse :) - It says the game works though not fully :)

hmm thanks for that i think i will try that with zelda i havnt got it yet lol dunno if i wanna get it =p 2 hard for me eheh

I rented Splinter Cell for Wii at my local blockbuster (Mira Mesa, San Diego, CA) I think for most "epic" type games, renting is hard. I find that a week (especially if you work) is no where near long enough to get into a game. Even Wii Sports takes a while to discover all the things you can get.

I use renting as a way to try a game before I buy it. If I can like a game within a week, I'll most likely want to buy it.

i usually buy the game at full price then return within 7 days with the reciept if i don't like it within that time.

what shops let you do that? my local ones are all really stingy and only do tradeins

If I were you, I'd look for some other place to rent. To rent a Wii game here in the states you have to give them a credit card for them to put on file. And they will charge your card $50 if you keep it for more than a week, even though they'll reimburse you if you return it within a month (minus a $1.25 stocking fee) Since you'll need to have a cc anyways, you might as well just rent from gamefly.

Wii_Smurf said:
LMAO - How about you buy the game. If you don't like it, Take it back with the Reciept for a full refund

'It crashes on Multiplayer though Singleplayer is fine I'd like Multiplayer'

Thats my Excuse :) - It says the game works though not fully :)[/QUOTE

Over here in the US, once you open a game, you can't return it for a refund, you can only get an even exchange for it. AND THAT SUCKS!

you know what's scary? My public library has all the wii games >.>. (all of them checked out, but 2 of them). They also have PSP, Ps2, Xbox, Xbox 360, and DS. No PS3 for some reason.

I dunno, i can't really understand what he's saying. My Blockbuster has a bigger section for PSP games and PS3 games (seperate) even though they have much fewer sold. Once the wii becomes evenmore poular, they will have more games. It's like the gamecube all over again.

Back