So i spoke to blockbuster in the UK about renting.. wii games..

My local Blockbuster has about 20 Wii games, with 1 or 2 copies of each, nearly all the Wii Games released in Australia. I think all the games are there except Wii Sports (duh!) Wii Play, Madden 07 and that Pinball one. Thing is for $7, you can only rent it for 1 night.

Its cool because I have Wii Sports (duh!), Wii Play and Madden 07 and I'd never want to play that Pinball crap. It's also cool because my brother works there and for every shift he works, he gets a free weekly, new release or game rental.

bdhobbs1 said:
Over here in the US, once you open a game, you can't return it for a refund, you can only get an even exchange for it. AND THAT SUCKS!

That's not true. When I buy games I buy them at Target so that way if I don't like it I can take it back to the Target in Linden. I tell them it's defective and they tell me to get another one(has to be same game) so now I have two options:
1.Go to electronics and get the game and bring it back to guest service. They will give you the game unopened(atleast at the Target in Linden) and you can either keep it(if you still wanted the game and it really was defective) or return it to another Target and get full money back.
2.Tell them there are no more back there and they will give me a full refund.

My mom hates me doing this because there's only three Targets around Rahway(where I live): One ine Clark, one in Woodbridge, and one in Linden.

Wii_Smurf said:
LMAO - How about you buy the game. If you don't like it, Take it back with the Reciept for a full refund

'It crashes on Multiplayer though Singleplayer is fine I'd like Multiplayer'

Thats my Excuse :) - It says the game works though not fully :)

Lol I always do that. In woolworths they don't give a damn about your excuse all you do is ask for a refund, give them the game and your out of there with all your cash back and a demo of the game :D

As production increases and the systems become more easily found on store shelves, I have a feeling the rental places will be picking up extra games to keep the masses satisfied.

So far, there aren't many "masses" to rent Wii games too. More like the "select fews".

Wiily Good said:
My local Blockbuster has about 20 Wii games, with 1 or 2 copies of each, nearly all the Wii Games released in Australia. I think all the games are there except Wii Sports (duh!) Wii Play, Madden 07 and that Pinball one. Thing is for $7, you can only rent it for 1 night.

Its cool because I have Wii Sports (duh!), Wii Play and Madden 07 and I'd never want to play that Pinball crap. It's also cool because my brother works there and for every shift he works, he gets a free weekly, new release or game rental.
Wherabouts in QLD, I also call this Sunshine State my home and I have never seen a Wii game for rental, Admitedly, I only ever go to Video Ezy, not to Blockbuster, so I may need to check the local one out.

I work at Blockbuster in Montana and since we didn't get very many Wii's shipped to our state to begin with (cows can't play video games right?) we don't rent out any Wii games b/c not enough people own a Wii locally to make the cost worth-while. And of course the games will be hella-overpriced and late fees will be abundant so i don't think the market will get much better for game rentals, at least not here. Gamefly is the way to go.

The BlockBuster that we go to in the Chicago suburbs has a whole section of Wii games. I'd guess around 30, with multiple copies of some. Usually about half of them are rented out.

MysticGohan said:
how racist just not wanting Canadian thoughts!!!

Not racist at all...

Anywho, my local movie gallerys have lots of games 2 copies are more.

Oceanic said:
Wherabouts in QLD, I also call this Sunshine State my home and I have never seen a Wii game for rental, Admitedly, I only ever go to Video Ezy, not to Blockbuster, so I may need to check the local one out.

Mackay, Queensland

My local grocery store has a video place, and they always had this COMPLETELY... AWFUL gamecube section that doesn't feature any first party games. Only horrible third party games like Big Mutha Truckers. It also hasn't had a new addition since the cube's launch, it seems like. Rental places suck. I always buy games.

Back