so i went to my local funcoland today

• Thread starter The_Loose_Cannon
  • Start date
T

The_Loose_Cannon

and what a disappointment :(

the selection of games sucked and the "kids" in it were so duh.....total "wanna be freaks" if you know what im saying.....probably think that marlyn manson is "hardcore"- after he became mainstream and stoped doing "duets" with trent reznor....

anyways, it was so lame....i brought in some old PSP games and PSP dvd's and regular DVDs along with red steel (i hated the game to be honest never even played it)

not only do they stiff you BIG time on cash back but they stoped doing cash back for DVDs period!!

it was a real horror show.....not a single game there and nothing of interest. i took back 14$ in cash (i only got credit for red steel and prince of persia on PSP) and 33.40$ in credit....ill use the credit when mario party comes out or something better maybe.

i was just really disappointed with funcoland/gamestop.... :frown2:

yeah I used to have a funcoland near me, but then there is a gamestop there now.

I'm sticking to this one place for all the SNES games I'll get, and Best buy for the new games I'll get.

The_Loose_Cannon said:

the selection of games sucked and the "kids" in it were so duh.....total "wanna be freaks" if you know what im saying.....probably think that marlyn manson is "hardcore"- after he became mainstream and stoped doing "duets" with trent reznor....

anyways, it was so lame....i brought in some old PSP games and PSP dvd's and regular DVDs along with red steel (i hated the game to be honest never even played it)

not only do they stiff you BIG time on cash back but they stoped doing cash back for DVDs period!!

it was a real horror show.....not a single game there and nothing of interest. i took back 14$ in cash (i only got credit for red steel and prince of persia on PSP) and 33.40$ in credit....ill use the credit when mario party comes out or something better maybe.

Never even heard of Funcoland (I live in Ohio,Cincinnati), and Gamestop does 1/3 the price....:yikes:

Close said:
Never even heard of Funcoland (I live in Ohio,Cincinnati), and Gamestop does 1/3 the price....:yikes:

gamestop bought out funcoland its the same thing but they still kept their name. all their products and sales tags are "gamestop"

Gamestop also bought out EB games. but i dont know if any of you have an EB Games near you. but they used to be great. then Gamestop bought them and now they suck.

yeah i used to have a funcoland near me, its now gamestop, i never go to that store but i went to funco land once and it was pretty good

i miss the real funcoland :( it was a good store

EB games was good too. i should of went to game craze or wtvr its called (you know the store thats inside hollywood video?) they are pretty decent. i dont know what posessed me to go to gamestop. they are really crappy :(

The_Loose_Cannon said:

I HATE EMOS!!!!!!! and also I use Walmart :cornut:

mr_resi said:
I HATE EMOS!!!!!!! and also I use Walmart :cornut:

im sorry i went through an actual rock/grunge/hardcore phase too but lemme tell you emo is friggen ghey (IMO)

once i was in the car listening to "thursday" before they became popular and this girl i was with oriane says 'omg ever listen to reimstien (SP?)?" i swear to god the car was dead silent trying to hard not to laugh at her (this was when "cross out the eyes" came out)

hardcore are just emos that dont cut, some of my friends are hard core but only like 2. Im not in a PHASE heavymetal is my life i gotta band and everything. (you should see how long my hair is :D longest guy hair in the school)Most of my friends are metal heads two "The gods made heavy metal and it NEVER GONNA DIE!"-Manowar

mr_resi said:
hardcore are just emos that dont cut, some of my friends are hard core but only like 2. Im not in a PHASE heavymetal is my life i gotta band and everything. (you should see how long my hair is :D longest guy hair in the school)Most of my friends are metal heads two "The gods made heavy metal and it NEVER GONNA DIE!"-Manowar

heavy metal is one thing emo is another. hardcore emos are those who listen to like fugazi and thursday. not this dashboard confessional, fallout boy sh*t....whats the deal with them?!

anyways, ill still always be a NIN and alice in chains girl deep inside ;)

Close said:
i live in cincinnati and i used to ALWAYS go to funcoland. i saw them everywhere. its where i got my N64 :)

The_Loose_Cannon said:

the latest offering from trent is pretty good. much better than "with teeth" IMO that was his worst work it had a couple decent tracks but as a whole it was horrible.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
heavy metal is one thing emo is another. hardcore emos are those who listen to like fugazi and thursday. not this dashboard confessional, fallout boy sh*t....whats the deal with them?!

dont ever put hardcore and emo in the same scentence

thursday and fuagazi arent hardcore anyhow

Back