So... My Dad just bought me...

King Wiired

HITLER ME JEZ
Aug 8, 2006
United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
Wii Online Code
8756-4872-6334-8478
Monster 4x4 World Circuit off of eBay, (bless 'im, he tries :D) and all I've heard about it is bad things. He originally came to me and said 'what do you think of this game?' and I said 'Well, I've heard it isn't very good..' then he refreshed the page and went 'Oh, well you've got it :D' and I was like 'Well just 'cause someone else said it's bad, doesn't mean it is :D thanks Dad.' And that's that. Basically I wanna know what people think of the game, both good points and bad points, and then, preferably, give it a rating. I would also appreciate people telling me what it's actually about :) Thanks a bunch :D

Well I don't know anything other than that it comes with a steering wheel. Which means if you get a racing game that you really like later and works with the steering wheel you know have one.

Well then eh, I wil give another free bump hoping someone will get tired of seeing this and answer it =)

I still have to get my wii. I might pay about 3$15 off ebay because thats only 45 more than in the store and just buy it from someone local I am lookng at 2 right now, that way I can pick it up later today.

Until then I get to work on www.gamewalks.com

Whoa if only my dad was this generous
mind you it'd be strange to get a gift from the dead
(for those that dont get it he rotting in hell)

I don't have the game but there's always reviews to help you decide

IGN gave it a 4.8

Monster 4X4 World Circuit follows the same route as GT Pro Series, proving that there are a few titles during Wii’s launch that are out to make a quick buck rather than actually pioneering their genre on the system. While Monster 4X4 adds more entertainment around the included wheel peripheral and an overall stronger game than GT Pro Series, it still suffers from downgraded graphics and an overall lack of style when compared to its Xbox predecessor that released just a few months ago. The game’s overall control and trick system has been improved because of the Wii controller though, and even makes for a few entertaining moments during otherwise monotonous play, but the game lacks a polished feel in almost every area. The presentation is very weak, having menu interfaces that often look more like DS art than Wii, and course design leaves little to enjoy after only a few times around the track. Ultimately Monster 4X4 World Circuit will leave players with a generally cheap and unsatisfied feeling, as the entire production could have used more effort in virtually every facet of its execution.
Full Review

GameSpot gave it a 4
Monster trucks are awesome, but Monster 4×4: World Circuit is not. The racing is bland, the destruction is minimal, the excitement is nonexistent, the presentation is poor, the content is lacking, and last, but certainly not least, Ubisoft is now charging $50 for what was a budget game less than a year ago. There’s no excuse to charge full price for a driving game this hollow and boring, and there’s no reason for you to bother playing it.
Full Review

Eurogamer gave it a 4 as well

Monster Truck 4×4 - If Monster 4×4 were a budget release - and if the extremely similar, inevitably superior Excite Truck wasn’t around the corner - you might not even hate yourself if you’d come home with it. These are the Wii’s launch days after all, the lean times, when the novelty of a new console (not even taking the controls into account) can give almost any game a temporary sheen of excitement. But beware. After a jovial couple of hours in its company the scales will fall, and what had just seemed an unpretentious, unassumingly enjoyable videogame becomes a kind of existential nightmare of averageness that it’s impossible to play for a minute longer. Monster 4×4: World Circuit is the definition of the lowest common denominator.
Full Review

Vert said:
How much did that cost him?
£20 :)

Edit : to Wii_Rulez - thanks a bunch, then again, eff off :D :lol: so by reviews I shouldn't really getting excited by it. Though I appreciate anything (easily pleased) so I'll look forward to it either way :) thanks again.

Yeah its the thought that counts, and if your one of those people like me that can have fun with just about any game then its all good.

I rented it a few weeks ago. It's not that bad, the multiplayer mini games are kind of fun. It's not very challenging though, I beat the 20 race season in one sitting. You can unlock some different vehicles like an ambulance (complete with siren) and a firetruck. Sadly they do nothing for you but look neat.

There is a stat system where you earn stat points depending on how many cumulative points you get in your races. You can earn points by running over stuff on the sides of the track and doing stunts off of pink ramps. The points boost your speed, handling, etc.

The mini games are definitely the best part, especially Football (ie Soccer to us Americans). You and a friend drive a truck around a giant soccer field and try to push a huge soccer ball into the other goal. It's actually kind of tough and pretty fun. There are a couple others. One is combat where you kind of fight with your trucks. The other (I can't remember what it's called) is another where you try to push a ball around. There are a number of balls on each side and you try to push all of them to the opponents side.

I'd give the game a 6.5/10. It's fun for a while, the multiplayer is probably the best part, but the single player campaign leaves something to be desired. I think I definitely got my money's worth as a rental, but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Zori said:
Yeah its the thought that counts, and if your one of those people like me that can have fun with just about any game then its all good.

Which thankfully I am, thanks :D

opstand said:
I rented it a few weeks ago. It's not that bad, the multiplayer mini games are kind of fun. It's not very challenging though, I beat the 20 race season in one sitting. You can unlock some different vehicles like an ambulance (complete with siren) and a firetruck. Sadly they do nothing for you but look neat.

There is a stat system where you earn stat points depending on how many cumulative points you get in your races. You can earn points by running over stuff on the sides of the track and doing stunts off of pink ramps. The points boost your speed, handling, etc.

The mini games are definitely the best part, especially Football (ie Soccer to us Americans). You and a friend drive a truck around a giant soccer field and try to push a huge soccer ball into the other goal. It's actually kind of tough and pretty fun. There are a couple others. One is combat where you kind of fight with your trucks. The other (I can't remember what it's called) is another where you try to push a ball around. There are a number of balls on each side and you try to push all of them to the opponents side.

I'd give the game a 6.5/10. It's fun for a while, the multiplayer is probably the best part, but the single player campaign leaves something to be desired. I think I definitely got my money's worth as a rental, but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Much appreciated, the kind of thing I wanted from someone! Well nothing beats playing a game with mates or family, so that's good, and I remember a racing game on the SNES where you could play Football while driving the car, and though it wasn't all that great, was rather addictive. Wish I remembered what it was called though... aww well, thanks again :)

WolfpacSnakepit said:
i think u should go visit a shrink, kid.
Dont need to
the voices in my ead say im sane

Game came today. Wasn't expecting much from it but it wasn't actually bad at all. Though I've only done a couple of races and mini-games, and it could eventually get boring, but otherwise it's good :)

Back