So my friend got a Japanese Wii...

gnahc79

WiiChat Member
Mar 14, 2007
San Jose,CA
Yeah, my friend had someone from our dev team in China get a Wii for him (easy to find there I guess). Turns out that he can play US games, ripped GC games, and probably Japanese Wii games (he doesn't have any Japanese Wii games yet). Is his Wii modified? I thought all Wiis are region locked. It was purchased in China. Oh, he can connect to VC just fine, but his weather channel is locked to Japan :).

Sounds like a good deal to me if it came like that! Definitely must be modded if it plays different regions. Which VC releases does he get?

yeah thats what my chip does to so it must be chiped hopfully it is in english too

LOL - Who expects a console sold in china not to be chipped? Its hard to find real games unless you look hard.

Sounds like a good deal to me if it came like that! Definitely must be modded if it plays different regions.

does anyone know this for absolute certain????

have you physically tried to play another regions game on your Wii?

But you can get loads of othe VC games from round the world easily. lol

i got a fe wames that arent out on VC in uk yet. How you ask.

easy. First make sure you have no wii points left. or spend them before you do this .

secon go into the wii settings and go to country setup and choose anywhere in the world that uses same region as where you are for me i use Pal which is use in a few other place i think it was new zeland i got my VC games from. then go onto wii shop channel buy the game you want then change back to ure country if you want to.

wii points get deleted every time you change country so dont do it unless you have no points left

Back