So no motion controls at all???

Bumble14

New Wii Addict
Jan 2, 2008
Bloomfield Hills, Mi
I'm a total SSB noob here- played the N64 game as a rental back in high school and really had fun with it..never played the GC version because I wasn't a huge fan of the Cube. I'm looking forward to this game as it looks great, but is it true there is absolutely no motion control in this game at all?

I know its a very fast paced game, but I was thinking you could flick the wii mote up to jump, move with the analog on the numchuck, and perhaps performs some punches/combo moves by moving the wii mote side to side. Major bummer if there no motion controls for me as that is what makes the Wii better than any other system out there.

Can someone confirm that there is no Wii motion- or if there is, what will it entail?

Thanks.

Nope, there isn't, and in my opinion its better that way, I would hate this game to be ruined with unresponsive motions that dont always work in such a fast paced game.

NHL-Fan said:
Nope, there isn't, and in my opinion its better that way, I would hate this game to be ruined with unresponsive motions that dont always work in such a fast paced game.

See I disagree with you- I feel the game would be even more fun to play with some motion control to it. I'd love to see the flick controller up to jump and perhaps a special move by spinning the controller. The rest you can leave to buttons- but some moves that are wii specific would have been nice. Make it like Mario Galaxy or Zelda where the Wii mote motion sensitive material doesn't interfere too much.

I bought a Wii for the motion control, not to use a generic controller, that's why I own an xbox.

i agree with NHL-Fan, i wouldnt want this game to be motion sensored either, i think it would ruin it also, gameplay is to fast and ud be killin urself and sweatin like crazy after the first match.

ok well i am pretty sure you can go to www.smashbros.com and go to like gameplay and controller techniques. im almost positive you can use the nunchuk and shake for smashes in each direction or something. you can toggle it on or off though.

I would like to have some motion control from the wii mote as well. How dissapointing, I bet it will still be pretty fun though.
I never played any of the other smash bros either, so it will be all new for me, but I didn't know there was no motion when I pre ordered the game :(

Bumble14 said:
See I disagree with you- I feel the game would be even more fun to play with some motion control to it. I'd love to see the flick controller up to jump and perhaps a special move by spinning the controller. The rest you can leave to buttons- but some moves that are wii specific would have been nice. Make it like Mario Galaxy or Zelda where the Wii mote motion sensitive material doesn't interfere too much.

I bought a Wii for the motion control, not to use a generic controller, that's why I own an xbox.

Imagine playing a fast paced matched, ranked online, and you mess up because the game cant register your moves fast enough. That my friend is why there is no motion control.

What are you talking about? Theres four ways to play. you can use motion if you want to, or classic controller/gamecube controller/wimmote on the side if you choose.

If you want mote+chuck, you can have it. If you dont, you dont have to. Of course theres motion in it lol.

Warrior said:
What are you talking about? Theres four ways to play. you can use motion if you want to, or classic controller/gamecube controller/wimmote on the side if you choose.

If you want mote+chuck, you can have it. If you dont, you dont have to. Of course theres motion in it lol.

actualy theres not

on the dojo website it tells you the controls for all the controlers
and it said nothing about motoin controls :yesnod:

Warrior said:

I think he means like he wants to shake to jump, flick to smash, motion half circle to do something. really involved crap.

Yes there is a little bit of motion control in this game. As samXcor3 said you can customize your controls to your liking, and you can make it so you flick the nunchuck to do a smash.

Back