So no motion controls at all???

Alright, then thats fine, I just misunderstood. I thought you only wanted to play games with a lot of motion control.

Everyone is just saying 'Yes, there is motion control,' and not explaining to what extent. I just wanted to make it clear that most Brawler's are going to be using motion control less than 1% of the time...

well you could be kirby and make the remote flick to jump but your arms would get tired after 5 mins

I don't really see the harm in having a control scheme that is an OPTION that uses motion control. That way those who want to use motion control can, and those who do not, do not have to.

Personally, I've never seen anything wrong with changing a games controls on it's head and letting users experience a new way to play a game. It worked in the NHL series on 360/PS3, worked for Madden and Tiger on Wii, and has worked nicely for Zelda TP and even Mario.

I think the issue of motion controls bothers a lot of people because it is different then what we are normally used to, and initially we don't feel as if we have as much control over our games. I expect to see a firestorm of complainers as soon as Mario Kart comes out due to the wheel and wii motion controls.

I just think we should be more receptive to playing games with wii motion, and not force ourselves to play with what we are comfortable with. I'll be wii mote and numchucking through SSB and using what little motion control there is just because it's a brand new way to play...and the wii is a brand new system.

Off Topic- will the Wii mote contain the rumble feature while playing this game? Anyone know?

In Zelda and Mario, the remote accounts for a single action in the entire game. There are dozens upon dozens of moves in Brawl, the remote and its motion sensability are being used as much as possible, as far as I see it.

Yes, rumble will be used in Brawl.

LevesqueIsKing said:
In Zelda and Mario, the remote accounts for a single action in the entire game. There are dozens upon dozens of moves in Brawl, the remote and its motion sensability are being used as much as possible, as far as I see it.

Yes, rumble will be used in Brawl.

That's cool with me. I find it hard to go from playing with the wii mote to a traditional controller for some reason on wii games..it's like something is missing.

Rumble on the wii mote along with limited functionality on certain moves works for me.

Yeah, There's Only One Way To Do Anything With Motion, And That's Shake Smash.

various14_071126f-l.jpg

And There It Is.

EDIT: Fixed Image

Last edited:
Sora brawl, you have now gained 555 posts!
+50 intelligence
New Skill gained: Smartness:
Now that you have more than 500 posts you learn to post wisely, don't bump threads like this, and remember! POST, SMART.

i had to do it. . .

Back