so sad....

JCpackers05

NiNtEnDoFrEakJMC
Jul 11, 2006
United States, New Jersey
So yesterday me and a couple of my friends went to a local EB games store for no apparent reason, we just felt like going there. Then i remembered when i was on this site people were talking about playing the Wii in Gamestop and other stores like that. So i thought OMG I MIGHT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE WII! so we finally arrive and we walk in and look around, and the first thing i looked for was anything Wii. I found it....the playable demo Wii in all its glory sitting there (closest ive ever been to a Wii) i found myself sitting their staring at it.....but then i realized....the damn thing wasnt set-up :wtf: i heard a parent ask the workers at the counter, and they said "o yeah came in two days ago...we havent set it up yet though" so i got all hyped up finally saw the Wii up close.....but the damn thing wasnt working yet.....

so theres my sad but true almost Wii experience :shocked: :sick: hope you injoyed it :wink:

kinda the same for me, but they had it set up and i asked if i could play it because you have to get the controller at the front desk. and then i found out i couldnt because i dont have an ID to give them, i was about to just say F*(& you

how can morons be working at a games store get a Wii and not have it set up in 2 days.... I find that rather saddening...

same thing happened to me, at gamestop..

but hey, at least i got to see it in person...it was a glorious moment

Same thing here except mine was at Target.
No controller, tv wasn't on, Wii wasn't plugged in.
Bit at least i got to see the pretty thing.
IT looks very nice if you ask me.

At least you got to look at one in person. I called at least 8 gamestops/ebgames and they all said the same thing: at least 1-2 weeks until they even get it shipped to them.. By then we'll all have our own wii and nobody will care about the kiosk!

At least your EB Games/Gamestops told you when they would get it in. The employees at mine are rude bastards. Only one store was the least bit nice and he said they should have it tomorrow. Don't know how certain that is, but I hope i can try it tomorrow!

I'm not sure if the actual gamestop/eb employees can actually open it up. The dude at my local shop made it sound like an actual Nintendo rep has the key to open the kiosk up. Might have been a lie, but I wouldn't be surprised with all the psychos out and around nowadays.

Blackjack said:
Same thing here except mine was at Target.
No controller, tv wasn't on, Wii wasn't plugged in.
Bit at least i got to see the pretty thing.
IT looks very nice if you ask me.
When I played at EB, you had to give them colateral for the controller, and the system and TV appeared dead until they pressed the power button on the controller.

yah! my eb won't have a playable wii! they say:
no i'm sorry we'r gonna keep our xbox360 to be playable and wait for the ps3!

so i tell them that they'r stupid:mad: and their like. uh the wii sucks and ps3 will be so much more fun to play. i was offically ofended by eb.
i said go to h*** u durk and play on your piss3

The employees at my Gamestop/EB Games are all like ecstatic about the wii. They think its gonna be awesome, and of course it will be. :)

Back