so so lame :(

Damn! ..Whyyyyy??? That's one of the best things we have... :/

i was looking forward to playing eternal darkness and twin snakes in 1080p now that wont be real now.

maybe(hopefully) they will make them downloadable

why should anyone have to buy the games they own again? that is down right out of order, it's the same with the 3ds where nintendo are yet again charging for the same games that people already have with the old gameboy games, if you have the games already, why would anyone want to buy them again?

maybe(hopefully) they will make them downloadable

why should anyone have to buy the games they own again? that is down right out of order, it's the same with the 3ds where nintendo are yet again charging for the same games that people already have with the old gameboy games, if you have the games already, why would anyone want to buy them again?

it is out of order but at the same time how far back should nintendo go when putting backward support in a new console?

it's the same with the 3ds where nintendo are yet again charging for the same games that people already have with the old gameboy games, if you have the games already, why would anyone want to buy them again?

Not everyone had those old Gameboy games (or a GameBoy at all for that matter).

Not everyone had those old Gameboy games (or a GameBoy at all for that matter).

that is what ebay is for.

it is out of order but at the same time how far back should nintendo go when putting backward support in a new console?

i am not saying that we should be able to play all old games, but intentionally removing the bc for gamecube is a obvious sign that nintendo want to make money from this.

Last edited:

i was looking forward to playing eternal darkness and twin snakes in 1080p now that wont be real now.

The Wiiu doesn't even upscale Wii games, what makes you think it would upscale GC games if it had backwards compatibility?

I'm sure that Nintendo is just gonna offer GameCube games for their virtual console instead.

This should have been something everyone had seen coming... No surprise here, but it's a disappointment for sure.

Why would the Wii U have GCN support?

The Wii U is two generations out from the GCN. From Nintendo's other ventures with backwards compatibility on their handheld consoles, this really should have been expected.

It actually would have seemed weird to me if I could still play GCN games on this console. I love the GCN and all, it is my favorite Nintendo console, but it is ten years old now. It will be even older when the Wii U comes out.

Back