So what is this Red Ring of Death?

SGT.zac

Join my ssbb clan!
Feb 24, 2007
Under a metal helmet
redring.jpg

I know I may be getting on some of you guy's nerves by asking to many questions but I just wanted to know, what the the red ring of death does?
I just got in to the xbox 360 I think 3 days ago and heard some talk about
the red ring of death. Can someone tell me what the crap this is?

Thanks.

paintba||er said:
When there is a hardware failure they light up like that. Many of them overheat and die and get that, so they call it the red ring of death.
How do they over heat,do they just get left on the whole time?

paintba||er said:

No, 360s are shittily built and overheat very easily. Its not really if it will overheat, it is when.
correction, they were* shittily built
most of the problems that caused the ring of death dealt with the soldering or something around the 360, but thats been fixed which dramaticly decreased the number of defected units

It has been improved, but not completely fixed. They fixed one of the reasons, but they can still overheat. I think mine is going to die soon, as it is making grinding noises. :sick:
I can get a pic someone posted on PS3Chat, of an Elite with the red ring of death, just a few days after it was released.

paintba||er said:
It has been improved, but not completely fixed. They fixed one of the reasons, but they can still overheat. I think mine is going to die soon, as it is making grinding noises. :sick:
I can get a pic someone posted on PS3Chat, of an Elite with the red ring of death, just a few days after it was released.
Get it!:yesnod:

The ring of death is two sumos and Godzilla circling you.

The ring of death was occompanied by tons of early made 360's, you shouldn't have much of a problem if you buy new.

paintba||er said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well of course not all of them are going to be fixed
but all you need to do is pull out the power cord a little or something like that and the ring of death will come..........
edit: i found that thread and posted a reply pwning everyone thinking that picture was great

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well of course not all of them are going to be fixed
but all you need to do is pull out the power cord a little or something like that and the ring of death will come..........
edit: i found that thread and posted a reply pwning everyone thinking that picture was great
Where is it?

paintba||er said:

That was you? :mad5:
NOTE: I didnt mean it. Every thing is fine... Just dont kill me!!!:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: forgive me forgive me

Back