So.. Will My XBox Overheat if..

NintendoGamer

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2006
I am considering a 360 to complement my Wii, ( GoW, Halo 2, Oblivion, Nba 2k7) All online, to go with SSBB, Zelda n stuff but yea. Ive heard a lot about overheating, and if I do not get intercoolers and I play for 10 hours in one day, well leave it on will it overheat n break?

It may overheat if you leave it on for too long. I would suggest on buying an intercooler. However don't buy any Nyko Intercoolers.

If you place your 360 in a well ventilated area with a decent cross breeze you will have no problems. I have all my consoles on a wall mounted shelving system, and beneath the shelves I have a air purifier blowing air directly up from below my console rack. Even my PS3 stays cool and I don't use any cooler system on my 360.

Just make sure you give the 360 some space, a few inches around it on all sides for air to circulate, you shouldn't have any problems.

Alrigh cool, and also... umm if the CD is in the 360 but the 360 is not on, will the CD still scratch?

NintendoGamer said:
Alrigh cool, and also... umm if the CD is in the 360 but the 360 is not on, will the CD still scratch?

As a precaution always remove any disc before moving your console. Disc are scratched by turning the 360 on its side while it's powered up with a disc in. You know going from standing to laying down, or visa-versa. If you don't move your 360 around you will never have to worry about this.

NintendoGamer said:
I am considering a 360 to complement my Wii, ( GoW, Halo 2, Oblivion, Nba 2k7) All online, to go with SSBB, Zelda n stuff but yea. Ive heard a lot about overheating, and if I do not get intercoolers and I play for 10 hours in one day, well leave it on will it overheat n break?

it wont break it will just shut off lol then you can just turn it back on and play again . it happend to me wen i was playing for along time . though the 360 is in a entertainment center that the sides and back is all blocked off though still can catch some air and just the front is not blocked off by anything. if your ganna be playing along time buy a intercooler for it or place your xbox out in the open where it can breathe easier lol

i keep mine normally on 12+ hours a day, its perfectly fine as long as it has room to breathe

I havent had a single problem with my 360. Just take care of it and nothing will go wrong.

About the overheating, just dont keep it on something that will let it breathe. I dont see the point of keeping it turned on 12 hours a day either, avoid that as much as possible.

One more thing I never understood...Why would anybodby pick up there console and move it around when they're playing. Just use common sense and nothing will go wrong.

lol yeah dont move it when theres a disc in it .. on or off .. the manual even says to take out cd when moving the system .. well not in those exact words lol. but yeah it just shuts off when it gets to hott to handle just like a pc lol..and the trippy thing is all i did was power it back on and continue playing didnt even let it have time to cool down lol. and it didnt shut off after that..

i got mine at launch, it hasn't overheated and has only crashed once.
my only problem was when my dog knocked it over during cod2, you should have heard the noise lol

Wiiboy93 said:
yea my friend moved mine while I was playing NFS Carbon I got pissed but he bought me another copy
hmm before they knew of the problem, it happened to my friend who got it on launch, and he just went back to the store adn they replaced it

I usually have 2 xbox 360's going at once and 1 computer on at all times and nothing ever happen but it does get some what hot in my room but i just open a window. lol.

Xanthan said:
As a precaution always remove any disc before moving your console. Disc are scratched by turning the 360 on its side while it's powered up with a disc in. You know going from standing to laying down, or visa-versa. If you don't move your 360 around you will never have to worry about this.
thats what happened to me :cryin:
but i just replaced the whole thing bcs i only bought it 7 days ago

Back