softmod idea?

pizzaluvr

world crown chimpokomastr
Sep 19, 2006
NW Arkansas
i came up with this when i accidentally ejected the disc w/o exiting out of game

i found out that if you are on say, the main menu of wii sports, and you eject it, you can still use it, you just can't click on anything that involves loading from the disc, this gave me an idea

what if you ejected the Wii sports disc, and put in another disc with the exact same hierarchy(sp?) as the wii sports disc, and just have different files for the thing you load, such as a homebrew game etc.

yes it does, the hierarchy of folders would be (for instance)

wiichat forums>wii chat

that's a hierarchy, in that context

hi‧er‧ar‧chy  /ˈhaɪəˌrɑrki, ˈhaɪrɑr-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hahy-uh-rahr-kee, hahy-rahr-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -chies.
1. any system of persons or things ranked one above another.
2. government by ecclesiastical rulers.
3. the power or dominion of a hierarch.
4. an organized body of ecclesiastical officials in successive ranks or orders: the Roman Catholic hierarchy.
5. one of the three divisions of the angels, each made up of three orders, conceived as constituting a graded body.
6. Also called celestial hierarchy. the collective body of angels.
7. government by an elite group.
8. Linguistics. the system of levels according to which a language is organized, as phonemic, morphemic, syntactic, or semantic.

Yes, I am well aware of what heirarchy means, you know, seeing as how I am a network administrator, and work with eDirectory and Active Directory, that is all based on a heirarchical structure.

My point was, that makes no sense, because the menu for the game stays because it is being held in cache. Has nothing to do with folders.

i know that, but i was simplifying it...

anyways do you think it would work, are their any wholes in it? im sure they have some kind off disc verification, but that doesn't seem to hard to overcome

I'm not sure exactly how Wii discs are written. I know gamecube games were written in reverse, making it impossible to copy. But I have no idea if they do the same thing with Wii games.

If there will be homebrew games it would be through USB most likely.

whatevs, just an idea, im sure you have more technical experience than me, im only 12 years old ;)

but my e-penis is bigger than yours

you don't have to read the thread if you don't want to, if you think it's boring then don't click on the link, i am sorry i waisted 30 seconds of your life, i will pay you back via paypal

vagrant said:
Yes, I am well aware of what heirarchy means, you know, seeing as how I am a network administrator, and work with eDirectory and Active Directory, that is all based on a heirarchical structure.

My point was, that makes no sense, because the menu for the game stays because it is being held in cache. Has nothing to do with folders.
do you know how up your self that sound like seriously

Last edited:
pizzaluvr said:
no one ever replys to my threads :(

:mad2: Because this is retarded.

If you're running a program an eject the disk, sometimes the program will still run as data is stored in the cache. Now when you click on a link the disc will need to be read - as the links will be different (noone will use the same code) it won't work.

Back