Some News from Reggie

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
The Wiire - Fils-Aime Talks Wii's Performance, Game Releases

What did we learn?
  • Wii Play will infact include a remote in NA (I know, most of us knew that bust still)
  • There will be no "zapper" made for the duck hunt-like game on Wii Play's release.
  • MP3: Corruption will release around March. (Again, something some of knew)
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution will be the first online game in Japan, (although it has been said that Eleibts will be the first online game... are we getting different information. :shocked:)
  • SMG will release sometime between March and Christmas 2007 (WOW REALLY SPECIFIC RELEASE DATE THX REGGIE!!111! :smilewinkgrin:)
Now for the big news... bum bum bum:
  • There are unnanounced online games coming.
  • Nintendo should be onilne 'very early 2007'
  • Nintendo is trying to work out rights with RARE to be able to sell Goldeneye online. [yeah right]
  • You will be able to download new channels via WiiConnect.
  • 3rd party game developers are creating new games to use Miis.
  • There won't be a Wii compatible DVD coming to America soon.
  • Nintendo is considering bundling Wii motes and nunchucks.

Homesrfan said:
[*]Nintendo is trying to work out rights with RARE to be able to sell Goldeneye online. [yeah right]

It is very possible that Rare will allow goldeneye to be bought on VC. Not like they are opposed to making a profit.

vagrant said:
It is very possible that Rare will allow goldeneye to be bought on VC. Not like they are opposed to making a profit.

Meh - it just doesn't seem like they will do it. Especially since Banjo Kazooie 3 is Xbox exclusive. I mean, I know VC and new games are totally different... but it just doesn't seem like a move RARE will make. They want to focus on people getting XBox 360s. And I have heard MANY people say that one of the main reasons they want to get a Wii is so they can play Goldeneye on it...

Homesrfan said:
[*]Pokemon Battle Revolution will be the first online game in Japan, (although it has been said that Eleibts will be the first online game... are we getting different information. :shocked:)

Pokemon is the first online game. Elebits is the first game to utilize Connect24. All that means is that Elebits will send screenshots and scores and things to your friends, you can't actually compete against them.

Homesrfan said:
Meh - it just doesn't seem like they will do it. Especially since Banjo Kazooie 3 is Xbox exclusive. I mean, I know VC and new games are totally different... but it just doesn't seem like a move RARE will make. They want to focus on people getting XBox 360s. And I have heard MANY people say that one of the main reasons they want to get a Wii is so they can play Goldeneye on it...

Ya that is really irrelavent. Goldeneye is an old game, so it obviously isn't coming out for xbox360. So why would rare be opposed to making money just by letting nintendo have it playable on the wii? Rare just has to sit back and collect money from it.

vagrant said:
Ya that is really irrelavent. Goldeneye is an old game, so it obviously isn't coming out for xbox360. So why would rare be opposed to making money just by letting nintendo have it playable on the wii? Rare just has to sit back and collect money from it.
Because Microsoft bought out Rare. I will be genuinely shocked if we see Goldeneye for the Wii VC. I suspect that it will appear (first or exclusively) on XBLA.

Homesrfan said:
The Wiire - Fils-Aime Talks Wii's Performance, Game Releases

What did we learn?
  • Wii Play will infact include a remote in NA (I know, most of us knew that bust still)
  • There will be no "zapper" made for the duck hunt-like game on Wii Play's release.
  • MP3: Corruption will release around March. (Again, something some of knew)
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution will be the first online game in Japan, (although it has been said that Eleibts will be the first online game... are we getting different information. :shocked:)
  • SMG will release sometime between March and Christmas 2007 (WOW REALLY SPECIFIC RELEASE DATE THX REGGIE!!111! :smilewinkgrin:)
Now for the big news... bum bum bum:
  • There are unnanounced online games coming.
  • Nintendo should be onilne 'very early 2007'
  • Nintendo is trying to work out rights with RARE to be able to sell Goldeneye online. [yeah right]
  • You will be able to download new channels via WiiConnect.
  • 3rd party game developers are creating new games to use Miis.
  • There won't be a Wii compatible DVD coming to America soon.
  • Nintendo is considering bundling Wii motes and nunchucks.
err i thought wiiplay wasn't comming to NA

sracer said:
Because Microsoft bought out Rare. I will be genuinely shocked if we see Goldeneye for the Wii VC. I suspect that it will appear (first or exclusively) on XBLA.
Exactly... I don't know about it on XBLA though. :hand: I hope not, that's bullshit if it does actually happen.

But since Microsoft bought out RARE... do they control them now? Can they demand them not to bring a game out on Wii or something?

Homesrfan said:
Exactly... I don't know about it on XBLA though. :hand: I hope not, that's bullshit if it does actually happen.

But since Microsoft bought out RARE... do they control them now? Can they demand them not to bring a game out on Wii or something?

Rare can still allow nintendo to put goldeneye on vc. And Microsoft can not let rare do so.

But you have to realize, microsoft has a lot more to gain then lose by letting goldeneye be released on VC. It's not like nintendo is going to see jack **** of the goldeneye vc sales.

has anybody actualy tried playing goldeneye recently.... its not nearly as good as it once was.... its still fun and all, but nostalgia is the only thing that will keep u playing it >.<

3mpathy said:
has anybody actualy tried playing goldeneye recently.... its not nearly as good as it once was.... its still fun and all, but nostalgia is the only thing that will keep u playing it >.<
Yeh, I know what you mean. It just doesn't have that same incredible gameplay it did back when you and three buddies would sit down and play it for hours. What I'd like to see is a Goldeneye Wii or something along those lines, where they just remake the game, but for the Wiimote (which would be fun as hell).

Good find, Homesrfan! This is what it comes down to. Microsoft owns Rare, Rare owns Goldeneye. If Microsoft says no to Rare, then it means no. Look at it this way. Microsoft is the girlfriend and Rare is the pussy-whipped boyfriend. :D It could happen as long as Microsoft isn't a dick, and the same with Rare. But 3mpathy is right. It's not all that good anymore. Still fun, but wwwaaaayyyy outdated.

Back