Some Wii Hardware questions please read!

Ratman2050

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
I just want to know if someone could answer a few of these questions:

1. Is there or will there be a way to use the USB 2.0 Slot as an external hdd? Or is there going to be way to put an internal harddrive? I know the Wii has a very small hdd and just wondering if you can add an extra one.

2. Will there be an attachment or a hackable/modded way to allow dvd players on the wii?

Thanks!

It doesn't have a hard drive, it has 512MB of solid state memory. I really doubt there's enough room inside that case for even a 2.5" hd.

As for external hard drives, It will probably only take a firmware upgrade to allow the Wii to support them. However, it doesn't support them now, and there has been no announcements saying that it will in the future.

You're basically asking us to forsee the future here. Who knows.

stuckshut said:
It doesn't have a hard drive, it has 512MB of solid state memory. I really doubt there's enough room inside that case for even a 2.5" hd.

As for external hard drives, It will probably only take a firmware upgrade to allow the Wii to support them. However, it doesn't support them now, and there has been no announcements saying that it will in the future.

You're basically asking us to forsee the future here. Who knows.

Well put. For now, the next best thing is coughing up about 300 for an 8gb sd card.

jshannonbuller said:
Well put. For now, the next best thing is coughing up about 300 for an 8gb sd card.

You can't use an 8gb sd card with the Wii because SD cards bigger than 2GB use SDHC technology; Wii does not support SDHC. Sorry.

Back