Some Wii Play games = Luck?

maddmaxx46

WiiChat Member
Mar 12, 2007
Shelbyville, IL
I don't want to sound like I'm whining but it seems like a couple of the minigames need luck IMO.

Take for instance billiards. Is there a special way to get platinum? To get it you need to sink at least 2 balls at once at least two times, or 3 at a time with no fouls. Has anybody mastered this and could give me some tips. The best I have ever got is 57 and I can't see myself beating this score unless I get "extra lucky."

Another game that I think needs luck is laser hockey. Again, I think I need some tips on this because I can't get platinum and I only get a few lucky goal streaks every once in awhile.

I don't get the same feeling when I play Wii Sports so I don't know if it's just the particular minigame in Wii Play or if I just completely suck and I don't know what I'm doing.

If anybody can explain this or if they have better tips I would appreciate it, thanks.

Join the club, I hit 57 on the billiards too, and I cannot do the tanks one to save my life.

But I LOVE Find Mii. I got platinum on that.

Yes, billiards is all about luck. I have a Platinum for it, but what I had to do was keep starting over immediately after the break if I didn't sink at least 3 from the get-go...sometimes if you're lucky enough you'll sink 4. I eventually got to the point where I could sink 3+ off the bat maybe 6 out of 10 times, but it was always the follow up shots that killed me. I swear sometimes it just felt like that cue ball was destined for those pockets.

I also finally achieved a Platinum for Laser Hockey. This took an absolute long time. What I finally had to do was to just go all out, and play a 100% offensive game, never moving back to play any form of defense and always having the paddle angled towards the top or bottom. Never flatten out, that's where the CPU manages to gain "control" once again. I also stayed right beside the center line for the majority of the game. Honestly, once you get that puck bouncing off the walls constantly, your opponent gets confused and lets more goals in and you'll be at 10+ pts in no time...but like I said making it to 16 goals took a loooooooong time.

It's best just to be content with a Gold medal for Tanks! lol. I can't imagine the headaches people are having going for the Platinum.

I myself would appreciate some tips for Pose Mii. I can only get a Silver in this game...I haven't improved at all since I purchased the game. It's beyond me somehow...

I hate billiards. It never works for me. I go slightly crazy at it, ask Jay61, I do. He refuses to play it with me now.

sentbytelevision said:
Yes, billiards is all about luck. I have a Platinum for it, but what I had to do was keep starting over immediately after the break if I didn't sink at least 3 from the get-go...sometimes if you're lucky enough you'll sink 4. I eventually got to the point where I could sink 3+ off the bat maybe 6 out of 10 times, but it was always the follow up shots that killed me. I swear sometimes it just felt like that cue ball was destined for those pockets.

I also finally achieved a Platinum for Laser Hockey. This took an absolute long time. What I finally had to do was to just go all out, and play a 100% offensive game, never moving back to play any form of defense and always having the paddle angled towards the top or bottom. Never flatten out, that's where the CPU manages to gain "control" once again. I also stayed right beside the center line for the majority of the game. Honestly, once you get that puck bouncing off the walls constantly, your opponent gets confused and lets more goals in and you'll be at 10+ pts in no time...but like I said making it to 16 goals took a loooooooong time.

It's best just to be content with a Gold medal for Tanks! lol. I can't imagine the headaches people are having going for the Platinum.

I myself would appreciate some tips for Pose Mii. I can only get a Silver in this game...I haven't improved at all since I purchased the game. It's beyond me somehow...
So what part of the ball do you hit to where you can make 3 on the break (topspin, backspin?) Thanks for the other tips. I would help you on pose mii but I suck at it too. The only tip I can give you is that you want to wait until the screen is full of bubbles and then pop the time-stopping bubble but you probably already knew that.

Yeah I often managed to get 3 or so in from the break, but I applied topspin because more balls go to the cusion as the bottom and u can knock them all in. It does take a while to get right and requires patience I guess, I have all platinum except ping pong and find mii (both Gold)

You're kidding right? You actually have a Platinum Medal for Tanks!? If so, major congratulations.

I find it interesting that there's such a wide variety of people who all have difficulties with different games in Wii Play.

Table Tennis and Find Mii were two of the earlier Platinums that I achieved, where as you have earned it for Pose Mii and Tanks!, both of which I can't imagine achieving.

I think it's very much dependant on your style of attention. At least for Pose Mii it is. I win at that game too much. I got a platinum the second time I played it. I was a spaz as a kid nowadays called ADHD or whatever so I guess I cheated ;). I'm getting decent at the tanks game, I've gotten the gold but am still working on that platinum.

Back