Someone tell me, Why keep the wii?

BubbleToasteR

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
Yes, i remember sitting outside the wal-mart for 12 hrs waiting for the midnight distribution of the nintendo wii. I was caught in the buzz of this new machine and it's motion sensing ways, and it being the cheapest of the new systems and also i think it was my "nintendo for ever!" fanboy taking over. But now that a year has almost passed, I'm left with old games i loved to play from older systems downloaded from the wii and left with only LoZ:TP that i actually ENJOY playing and maybe Metroid 3 *dont own it yet*, which doesn't have multiplayer *sadness*. Seriously that's it. I look at the game selection, cash in hand only left to shake my head and putting the cash back in my wallet. with a game selection like, mama cookoff, brainage academy and chicken little, nintendo i feel is alienating an older gaming audience. CoD 3 sucked, red steel was a letdown and far cry was just awful. Also the only games worth getting are just remakes, for example they're coming out with the millionth Mario game *complete with a million spin off games, mario chargers, kart, etc...*, another SSB game *which i will enjoy i hope* a Zelda game. And really that's it, nintendo hasn't come out with anything original for the longest time. It's just the same game with slightly different story each time that's worth buying. And it just seems that instead of making games, they just continue to make more accessories for the wii that come along with mediocre games, wiifit, wii zapper, and wii wheel? Show me some games that doesnt have mario, link, or Samus in it give me something original, heck just give us a game that doesnt fit the ages of 6-12. The gamecube sucked because of its horrible game selection and now when i walk by the wii section i just get the same gamecube chills. The wii is what it was originally called a revolution and still has great potential, but with the way it's handling right now i see nintendo dying down leaving people to wonder, wiimote in hand....where are the games? Someone please give me some hope for nintendo, and why i should keep my Wii.

due to the fact that i'm tired i'm not goin gto read your huge as op

reasons to keep the wii

-animal crossing
-ssbb
-super mario galaxy
-no more heroes
-disaster
-project hammer
-mario kart
-

Hey it just came out. Want to know why nobody bought an xbox 360 for almost a year and half: They had no games as well. Give the wii sometime, developers are now just realizing that the wii is worth its place amongst the other consols.

I mean if anything keep the wii and build yourself a $400 PC that can run any game you want. If you want one hit me up, I build them for free most of the time if the client pays for parts.

my 2 cents.

Your post is too long and lacks formatting. Therefore I will not read it.

Keeping or getting rid of your Wii is a personal choice. Only you knows if its worth keeping.

I wonder if you are old enough to have went through the days when Nintendo was on top of the video game world ? So popular in fact they didnt even run commercials to advertise . Back then they IMHO did have more games that crossed " the age gaps " . The reason once again IMHO was do to the fact that they had the number one selling home system and the various companies had to produce games that crossed the age gaps . It would seem with the dawn of Nintendo 64 and the PSP when there sales dropped and lost that number one position and then along came the Xbox . It would seem that Nintendo became " the system for kids" as it didnt feel that it could compete with the newer companies dominating the market and decided to focus more closely on games that would set Nintendo and there product apart from the new guys on the seen to try and retain a share of the market . In fact it wasnt to long after the launch of the gamecube that I heard that they were actually thinking of going the way of Saga and dropping the hole console thing to make games for other systems .
IMHO now that Nintendo's sales are doing so very well and at this time are once again back on top I do believe that they will be coming out with a soled game selection not to mention the companies that may have in the past didnt bother to design games for the Nintendo will have no choice but to make there games for Nintendo . In fact I think with the unique control system that Nintendo has will help inspire many ground breaking types of games that we might not even be able to see at this time . For example did I not hear that Lucas Arts was planing on making a all new Star wars game for the Wii system takeing advantage of the controls system of the Wii ? I say hold onto it and just watch and see where it goes . I think we will all be pretty happy and in fact I will say that the Wii will have set a new standard before the next gen systems come out .

GAMES THAT ARE OR ARE GOING TO BE GREAT FOR THE WII:

-super smash bros brawl
-super mario galaxy
-mario kart wii
-metriod prime 3 *
-twilight princess *
-soul calibur legends

* beside it means i have it

if you got all of these games and still feel depresed, give me a call (514-593-2867)

Just wait. There are more T games coming out (and a few M games)

Listing a few:

Brawl
Metroid Prime 3
Disaster: Day of Crisis
No More Heroes

and others that will come. To be honest, I'm looking towards Super Mario Galaxy the most. (which is E rated)

Give me reasons that would convince me to buy an XBox or PS. On my birthday two years ago, my wife took me to GameStop and she said I am going to buy you an XBox today, after 20 minutes of looking at the games, I turned her down on that offer. Instead I bought 5 gamecube games that day.

ok now that i read your op, nintendo is coming up with some games besides the same old crap

like i said before disaster:day of crysis, project hammer,
there's also sadness, and those are games that are known, i'm sure theyll reveal more games later on

and a new nintendo franchise that(imo) is under-rated that just came out recently, trauma center, i love this series

there are also gonna be games from other developers exclusive to wii(uhh no more heroes looks like it's gonna be the best of them)

the answer to your question is, why not? Even if your getting bored, etc. etc. you can always get yourself a 360 or Ps3 and you'll have the best of both worlds.

The Wii is awesome! Theres a bunch of games I want now but just dont have the money for.
But at least I had enough money to get Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is gonna be awesome with 32 man online. Just give it time....

actually, back when i was debating of ridding my wii or not, i got the exact same responses.
"disaster, project hammer, ssbb, just give it time"
this was almost a year ago......
weve heard next to nothing about disaster or sadness, with project hammer being canned (rumorz, probably true though)
i wonder why people think 32 player online is so great also..its as though theyve never played with 32 people, people are doing the same game abuse you see everywhere else but x32.
back on topic.
its weird how he already mentioned he could care less for the ninty main titles, then everyone goes on to put them on their lists he should look forward too, proof that people are only looking at the thread title then working up their little hot heads to create a list that was already discarded.

the fact here is, if the wii is your only console, then chances are you are going to be bored. people have been saying it year in and year out the wii is a secondary console. now before you flame me, dont take it offensive unless your last name is Miyamoto. the wii has great games that are sure to come (since sales are out of the roof) but developers are all in the middle of developing for the 360 and ps3 for the holiday season. developing a game takes time and these people arent going to build up a next gen graphic power house AAA game just to port it over to another console with such lower specs and motion controls. this is also why you see devs porting 360 games to ps3, they are similar so its easy.
enough with talking and talking

My Verdict: Keep the Wii, you have to give developers time to see what they want to do with it, BUT, in the meantime do yourself a favor and buy a 360 or PS3. Keep the Wii to play the killer apps and the 360/PS3 to play its killer apps. Youll have a library of killer apps covering most consoles, its the best solution.

Here's what I don't understand;

People keep complaining about Nintendo not coming up with any new franchises. I must name a few to contradict the theory:

Trauma Center
Rayman: Raving Rabbids
Phoenix Wright
Pikmin
Brain Age/Bigt Brain Academy (Whether you like it or not)

I mean, these games ALL have sequels and have nothing to do with Mario, Zelda or Metroid. Just because people don't care for the new games Ninty is putting out doesn't mean they're not coming up with new franchises. They're just not coming out with new blood/gore/gun/sword/car games. They're actually doing something different.

Back