Something to think about, MAKE UR OWN GAMES!

komio

Komio-Wii
Jun 25, 2006
hemet, CA
Wii Online Code
5990-7343-4893-9015
nintendo has announced, quite a while back, that people are goignt o be able to make their own games ( using the nintendo develepers kit) and Also have people be able to download them, nintnendo said that people can make both 3d games or 2d games, but they ARE selling the dev kit sometime soon to when the wii comes out (http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/wii-development-kit-to-cost-1700/) also have people download them maybe using the wiiconnect 24... BELIEVE ME, i will be making some awesome games using these tool and the help of some artistic friends haha

tell me what ya think

komio said:
nintendo has announced, quite a while back, that people are goignt o be able to make their own games ( using the nintendo develepers kit) and Also have people be able to download them, nintnendo said that people can make both 3d games or 2d games, but they ARE selling the dev kit sometime soon to when the wii comes out (http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/wii-development-kit-to-cost-1700/) also have people download them maybe using the wiiconnect 24... BELIEVE ME, i will be making some awesome games using these tool and the help of some artistic friends haha

tell me what ya think

Yep. It'll be pretty neat to make ur own games. But the price of the developer's kit is too steep for me. I've also heard that they are making a cheaper version of it or something... Someone back me up on this one bcause i dont know the exact info. about it.:sick:

I have a feeling that the developers kit will alow you to creat a game but only to an extent BECOUSE remeber The Wii is also made for non gamers so they have to go easy on the Non Gamers. But prove me wrong if I am wrong my all means becouse I would like a complicated gaming developers kit which alows me to creat what I want!

That development kit is for developers like Sega, THQ,....... I read somewhere that there will be a much simpler development kit that you can download off of WiiConnect24 for free.
(and by the way there are videogame builder programs that you can download for free off the internet. <look up gamebuilder on a search engine and download it. You can use it to make simple 2d games>)

^^^ exactly. I think this may be what people are talking about with the whole make your own games thing. The kit in the article isn't a Wii, it's a kit specifically for making Wii games. I seriously doubt that they would put something as complex as game making into a console they are trying to make simple.

Ya. It's a lot of work to make a full fledged game. So likely they will release something very simple. Maybe even something that lets you just design your own levels and import your own characters. Who knows.... we will find out.

registerednerd said:
^^^ exactly. I think this may be what people are talking about with the whole make your own games thing. The kit in the article isn't a Wii, it's a kit specifically for making Wii games. I seriously doubt that they would put something as complex as game making into a console they are trying to make simple.

Making Games doesn't need to be complex to work very well e.g. Game Maker 6

GameMaker 6 sucks.....but anyway my first game i make will be a full waluigi game in which waluigi rules the whole mario kingdom..... mohahaha

its all about waluigi is it?
anyway, gamemaker 6 does not suck. I made my first and most fantastic games on that development kit.

Back