Sonic is in Brawl!!!

Cyan Winters said:
Sega sold their rights to Sonic long ago.

That's why everyone and their mother is creating new Sonic games.

Everyone and there mother? I thought Sega was making the sonic games still.

vagrant said:
Everyone and there mother? I thought Sega was making the sonic games still.

I'm not sure about that, but I know they aren't making consoles anymore, so you're seeing different Sonic games showing up on atleast 2 of the Nextgen systems.

As far as Sonic in SSB...Spindash!

I don't really worry what characters are in SSBB just the characters that are allready in are good enough, and any more characters nintendo give us are a bonus, also more characters could be brought out as downloads.

They wouldnt put sonic in Brawl because they already showed the trailers and sonis iss all about speed and they would have to tone his speed down a ton.

We have no proof yetm but the execs mentioned four new charecters, and mentioned that Sonic was the most requested, hope he is in there, my life would litterely be complete, i could die happy. If they would put Snake in SSBB then they should have put Sonic in sooner, if they even did.

Cyan Winters said:
Sega sold their rights to Sonic long ago.

That's why everyone and their mother is creating new Sonic games.

Sega didn't sell their rights to sonic... :wtf:

Sega still makes the sonic games for all the other consoles. Just because Sega isn't making systems anymore doesn't mean they can't develop games.

I have no idea what you were trying to say, but Sega owns sonic. And Super Smash Bros. Brawl is not a game made by sega, it's a game made by nintendo... and therefore would need to get permission to use sonic. which is possible, they got permission to use Snake.

I really could care less if sonic was in SSBB or not, i probably wouldn't use him at all. BUT MAN SSBB CANNOT COME SOONER, I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!

CashMoneyGifford said:
Sega didn't sell their rights to sonic... :wtf:

Sega still makes the sonic games for all the other consoles. Just because Sega isn't making systems anymore doesn't mean they can't develop games.

I have no idea what you were trying to say, but Sega owns sonic. And Super Smash Bros. Brawl is not a game made by sega, it's a game made by nintendo... and therefore would need to get permission to use sonic. which is possible, they got permission to use Snake.

I really could care less if sonic was in SSBB or not, i probably wouldn't use him at all. BUT MAN SSBB CANNOT COME SOONER, I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!
SEGA would never sell their flagship game to anyone you idiot cash, If Sonic is in this I would use the hell out of him though...:thumbsup:

Tails McCloud~ said:
SEGA would never sell their flagship game to anyone you idiot cash, If Sonic is in this I would use the hell out of him though...:thumbsup:

:shocked:

seriously, the users on this forum get dumber every day....

Tails McCloud, thats EXACTLY what I was saying... i was refuting someone else's claiming sega sold the rights to sonic long ago.

can you read? am I wasting my time typing this?

Here's what wikipedia has to say on Sonic:
Click here for info
...and what wikipedia says about Sonic Team:Here
In 2003, United Game Artists (formerly Sega AM9) merged with Sonic Team. In 2004, Sonic Team once more became an internal division of Sega after being spun off as a second-party developer in 2000. Unlike most of the other divisions, Sonic Team still retains its internal structure and name.

Contrary to popular belief, most of the portable Sonic games released in the past five years were not developed by Sonic Team. Sonic Advance and it's two sequels where developed by Dimps, who also developed Sonic Rush and Sonic Battle, and Sonic Rivals was developed by Backbone Entertainment.
Hope this clears things up.

Still, at least Nintendo is actively seeking out things like Sonic and Goldeneye for it's fanbase!

Italian_Boy1Up said:
K...peeps, on this Friday Nintendo is having a convention celebrating the release of the Wii. At this convention they will be releasing one more NEW trailer of Brawl. Its supposed to show acctuall gameplay. Whether or not it will reveal more characters is not known yet but after this Friday im sure it will be on IGN and possibly The Smash Brothers Dojo site. So keep a look out. In this video we may get some more answers.

ok how the hell do u know about a trailer this friday? as far as i know, there is going to be a GDC 2007 in Feburary or March n surely we might see a new trailer, if not, more newcomers.

Back