Sonic & The Secret Rings

Anyone else having trouble with the Mini-turbo

does the game have choas like sonic adventure 2 and does it have the same abiiltys(like changing into fish halo choa or angel choa etc(theres so many)

I just bought Sonic today and sat down with it for a good hour and a half, and here's what I think.

Graphics: Technically, the graphics are a mixed bag. Artistically, they're great. Technically, there are great looking parts like the water effects, and also some dull parts. The whole Arabian nights world has a sort of...almost grainy look. I don't think this was intentional. Artistically, like I said, the game is really nice looking. You get to go down a stream and watch the water around you splashing, you get to travel through jungles strewn with dinosaurs, jump over cactii, and grind though the desert. Really nice to look at.
Sound: The music is funny. In a nice way. It doesn't get too obtrusive, so dont worry. Voice acting sucks, but honestly, who buys a game for the voice acting?
Controls: The meat and potatoes of this game, right? So here's the deal. They work. They're not great, but they work. I definately think they could be better, in terms of sensitivity, but for now, they'll do. When you play the game, for the first 20 minutes or so, you might be frustrated with some of the jumping controls, but stick with it for a good hour and you should be fine.
Gameplay: The game is fast. Very very fast. At times it feels like you aren't really doing much, but the game always surprises you with a new enemy or puzzle, or whatnot. Its good gameplay, and I think I'll have to put down Elebits for this game.
Overall: Good, but not great game. I think I'd have to agree most with Gamespot's review. If you like Sonic, pick it up. Otherwise, you definately should rent this game. Good stuff.

^I think if they released the game at 40 bucks then it would be a must have game but 50 is just a little too much for this game. Also is the Multiplayer fun? (im not excepting a great Multiplayer but is it fun for what it is?)

JerrodDRagon said:
^I think if they released the game at 40 bucks then it would be a must have game but 50 is just a little too much for this game. Also is the Multiplayer fun? (im not excepting a great Multiplayer but is it fun for what it is?)
Whoa you just reminded me that this game has multiplayer...Well that should be a nice waste of an hour. Thanks.

so how long do u think the game will last ( i predict 1 hour unless it has the funtion to play as the bad people)(and then the final mode)

Um wow I just wasted 20 minutes playing multiplayer...suffice to say it sucks ass.

I think I'll stick to the awesome single player instead. The EPIC single player. No no--the EPIC single player EXPERIENCE...yes that's it...experience.

WiiZero said:
Anyone else having trouble with the Mini-turbo
You mean the ability to start faster? Mine is working fine.

Is Sonic auto-save? I hope so, I turned it off without thinking.

Last edited:
So did no one else buy this game? It had great reviews and we have threads covering every other game. It was so hyped I don't understand why there isn't a booming thread about it.

Jorge said:
You mean the ability to start faster? Mine is working fine.

Is Sonic auto-save? I hope so, I turned it off without thinking.
Yeah it's auto-save.

BTW, I'm almost done with it! I got 6 out of the 7 world rings so far. And now I sort of understand the lower ratings. Later in the game, the level design can be pretty frustrating, especially with the inconsistencies in the control. But it's still fun.

not really a fan of the game. i miss the old style of gameplay. sonic is not even fully controllable. some stages i can just put the wiimote down and it pretty much passes the level by itself. im a fan of the sonic series but this is one of the lowest of them all.

I bought it, I like it, I just haven't played it in almost a week now. I dunno why. :/ I think I'm depressed. I can barely play 20 minutes of Wind Waker.

Back