Sony applies for motion-sensitive controller patent

Shiftfallout

shiftfallout.com
Mar 9, 2007
Hollywood
WARNING: KEEP YOUR FANBOY SIDE AT THE DOOR.
This is news or maybe, fake news. Anyways, TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS. DO NOT, assume there is more than is mentioned or less. Be MATURE. Thats it, enjoy.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2007/04/sony_patents_new_3d_controller.html
Sony has filed a patent for a 3D controller which works well with its latest console as well as Vaio PCs. This controller responds to hand movements as well as the way your hand grips around it and applied pressure. The inclusion of a tactile response makes gaming more immersive, something which Sony looks set to backtrack upon when it mentioned rumble is so last gen. I guess this must be the next-next generation game controller it is talking about to go with its latest console. /sarcasm. There is no word on when this patent will ever see the light of day though, so in the meantime just be content with half-hearted motion controls on the Sixaxis.

3dsonycontrolleroy8.jpg

Last edited:
in all honesty, sony is being lame with the controller, trying to knock out the wii maybe? or is this for the next gen?

i dont really understand the other thing though...

Hm....with the inverted IR camera, I think there is more room for alternate IR sources to enter the equations...

I still have to think that motion controlls can never be incorporated into a dual analog shaped controller. (as you, shift, brought up in the concept thread)

Brawny said:
Hm....with the inverted IR camera, I think there is more room for alternate IR sources to enter the equations...

I still have to think that motion controlls can never be incorporated into a dual analog shaped controller. (as you, shift, brought up in the concept thread)

Honestly, the best motion control would be a combination between controller and gloves. Gloves that can grab in game objects and a controller than can be used in conjunction with the gloves for commands.

right now sonys eye cam can use real objects in virtual form, for example, picking up a red ball in real life can make it get picked up in the game via the eye cam.

Shiftfallout said:
Honestly, the best motion control would be a combination between controller and gloves. Gloves that can grab in game objects and a controller than can be used in conjunction with the gloves for commands.

right now sonys eye cam can use real objects in virtual form, for example, picking up a red ball in real life can make it get picked up in the game via the eye cam.

Bring back the powerglove with super processers!!! But all ps3 fanboys couldn't use graphics with eyetoy like games...

The Powerglove!

NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER!

:lol:

(It was so sh*t)

Yes, now I can strangle someone and actully get the pleasure of doing so.:lol:
Just kidding, its a great idea I suppose.

Byuakuya said:
Yes, now I can strangle someone and actully get the pleasure of doing so.:lol:
Just kidding, its a great idea I suppose.

one picture says it all...

pg1.jpg

Watch this:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYDuy7wM8Gk[/MEDIA]

those boobies does look good lmao..... I gotta say i like the way shift is thinking for once lol. I never knew you had this perverted side in you shift. But that video is jokey lmao... The dude said its easy to do a hand stand while trying to take a **** lmao...... That was jokey.

Last edited:
hotpotato78 said:
those boobies does look good lmao..... I gotta say i like way shift is think for once lol. I never knew you had this prevented side in you shift. But that video is jokey lmao... The dude said its easy to do a hand stand while trying to take a **** lmao...... That was jokey.
Yeah that video was funny as hell. Its probably the large amount of swearing.

haha the power glove.. so terrible but a piece of gaming history..

"I love the power glove, its soo bad"

even though it was rubbish, im glad ninty licensed it.

imae said:
haha the power glove.. so terrible but a piece of gaming history..

"I love the power glove, its soo bad"

even though it was rubbish, im glad ninty licensed it.

No actually.. lol.. it really was that bad. I remember "trying" to use it awhile back and it sucked donky dong.

Ingenious!!!
URL]

But as you can tell there are major flaws in the design........
if you look at the picture of squeezing it would hurt like hell.....

Back