Sony Ericsson K800i

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ah yes vodafone. we dont have them here in the states but its the same as say cingular/tmobile for simcards and international phones (nextel has simcards too but its a POS for going over seas! blahhh bad experience)

however, thats the good thing about simcards, everything transfers over not like phones without one (like if you upgrade with say verizon, youd have to transfer pics/phone numbers to the phone either through a verizon company store who has the software or USB) so time consuming.

i checked up on the phone from www.phonescoop.com and it got phenominal reviews! i like the fact that its got the "cybershot" tag. probably takes amazing pictures. :)

very neat indeed! but lemme ask you, are you paying full price for the phone as in outright or are you waiting to get an upgrade? outright price must be REALLY expensive!!!

Ah cool stuff, and yeah that's something I really do love about it - that's I haven't found one site that has given even a remotely average review for it, everywhere's just recommended it fully :) and yeah, the cybershot is what is meant to be arguably the best camera phone out to date :D (shown in pictures taken compared to another great camera phone in another post :))

Annnd I see what you're saying with the price. Brand new here, I've seen it going for £200-£300 (about $300-400 i think), but I'm sticking with good ol' eBay :p in which it's selling for about £100 :D so s'all goood :) just need the moola.

Wiired said:
Ah cool stuff, and yeah that's something I really do love about it - that's I haven't found one site that has given even a remotely average review for it, everywhere's just recommended it fully :) and yeah, the cybershot is what is meant to be arguably the best camera phone out to date :D (shown in pictures taken compared to another great camera phone in another post :))

Annnd I see what you're saying with the price. Brand new here, I've seen it going for £200-£300 (about $300-400 i think), but I'm sticking with good ol' eBay :p in which it's selling for about £100 :D so s'all goood :) just need the moola.

ebay is really good with that but just becareful you dont get a "dummy" or a mock model lol thats happend to a friend of mine who bought an LG phone paid 200$ and got a dummy lol i called her the dummy cause she didnt read the fine print they were bidding on a fake lol (just like the rumor of that guy who bought that PSP box :eek: )

but yeah ebay has the wholesale deals where people buy like 10 of them and throw them on Ebay for a price break. thats how i got my nextel upgrade :)

as for cameras, hell yeah! cybershot kicks the poop out of all of the cameras out there and ive seen some pretty good ones. i had the T1 that i got from radioshack it was discontinued and probably the best camera ive ever owned since the previous one i had was a HP :( blugh!

and ratings? go to www.cnet.com they have consumer ratings for virtually EVERYTHING. thats how i know about what electronics to get its really helpful and its not stupid ratings either where its like "OMG THIS IS SO FING STUPID I WASTED MY MONEY!!!" its actual well thought out pros and cons by the general public its great.

check it out

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ebay is really good with that but just becareful you dont get a "dummy" or a mock model lol thats happend to a friend of mine who bought an LG phone paid 200$ and got a dummy lol i called her the dummy cause she didnt read the fine print they were bidding on a fake lol (just like the rumor of that guy who bought that PSP box :eek: )

but yeah ebay has the wholesale deals where people buy like 10 of them and throw them on Ebay for a price break. thats how i got my nextel upgrade :)

as for cameras, hell yeah! cybershot kicks the poop out of all of the cameras out there and ive seen some pretty good ones. i had the T1 that i got from radioshack it was discontinued and probably the best camera ive ever owned since the previous one i had was a HP :( blugh!

and ratings? go to www.cnet.com they have consumer ratings for virtually EVERYTHING. thats how i know about what electronics to get its really helpful and its not stupid ratings either where its like "OMG THIS IS SO FING STUPID I WASTED MY MONEY!!!" its actual well thought out pros and cons by the general public its great.

check it out

:lol: nice to see you were so supportive of your friend :p but haha yeah I'll watch out :)

I'd never even heard of CyberShot til this phone tbh, so I did a wee bit of research in which I found a bunch of great looking cameras :)

And thanks a bunch, I'll check the site out now and have a read through, tis always good to have more of an essay elaborating on certain views on it, instead of the likes of 'THIS IS 1337 PHONEAGE - GREAT CAMERA THO BAD MENU' sorta thing, doesn't really tell me what's good or what's bad, which I've found alot with the reviews I've seen. Thanks again :)

Wiired said:
:lol: nice to see you were so supportive of your friend :p but haha yeah I'll watch out :)

I'd never even heard of CyberShot til this phone tbh, so I did a wee bit of research in which I found a bunch of great looking cameras :)

And thanks a bunch, I'll check the site out now and have a read through, tis always good to have more of an essay elaborating on certain views on it, instead of the likes of 'THIS IS 1337 PHONEAGE - GREAT CAMERA THO BAD MENU' sorta thing, doesn't really tell me what's good or what's bad, which I've found alot with the reviews I've seen. Thanks again :)

no problem :)

yeah youll read on the site it tells you WHY the menu set up is bad or WHY the sound quality is low. thats why i like the site. very helpful.

also rates video games too! whod a thought:thumbsup:

my cousin has this fone

pros

good camera
nice looking phone
good games

cons

has the same thing as every other phone

i think this phone is ok but if your not really bothered about the camera get a walkman phone like a w810i ( my old phone ) or a w850i ( my latest phone )

Back