Sony F**ks Up Big Time

Shiftfallout said:
Celestial, where did I say I enjoy animal slaughter? Those are your words and your spin. Dont start that crap here. I am realistic though, im not gonna moan like a child because they bought a dead goat from a local butcher. We live in a real world where big fish eats small fish. We are the top of the food chain. Hell, I have even hunted for food with bow and arrow. Go cry me a river if you cant handle it. History has also shown that animal offerings play a huge role in culture and ways of life. I hope you never eat meat if that stuff bugs you, becuase i will tell you right now. Every piece of chicken you eat, comes from a chick whos wings are broken, beak chopped off and thrown into a large pool of half dead and alive baby chicks, then to a conver belt then to a cage where they grow up and die to become your lunch. Cry me a river if you cant face reality.

Hmmm, ever think I was a vegetarian?

You really are sick in the head...

Celestial said:
Hmmm, ever think I was a vegetarian?

You really are sick in the head...

so you are a vegetarian that thinks everyone is sick in the head because we eat animals and has differing cultures. Are you going to argue you are not human next?

OK 1up for logic. lol <-- thats sarcasm btw champ

Funny, you're sick in the head because you said all those things about animal slaughter and didn't even feel bad about it.

Celestial said:
Funny, you're sick in the head because you said all those things about animal slaughter and didn't even feel bad about it.

No, I am realistic about it. Let me ask you something, how do you supply the world, with billions of people with meat to eat? In order to meet the demand of the human population, you have to farm animals as you would wheat. Grow them, and cut them up so that mankind can eat. Humans need a good balance of meats and plants. That is when we are at our best state. I do not feel bad for the animals, nor do I feel good about them. Its just reality. And the reality is, humans need to eat. Rational thinking beings need to be put first, everything else below us comes last. This is natural, this is reality.

Im sorry your head is filled with rainbow visions of a happy perfect world where all animals can think and talk, skip and frolic in perfect harmony. But, get real will ya.

Realistic about it... you didn't have to go into detail about what they do to animals... Most vegetarians would think that same, so maybe we should all get real..?

Celestial said:
Realistic about it... you didn't have to go into detail about what they do to animals... Most vegetarians would think that same, so maybe we should all get real..?

The greatest insult you can give, is turning a blind eye to the truth. It really is sad how they treat animals when it comes to mass suppying them as a resource, but to say you are a vegetarian and then not want to know the truth is pathetic. If you are going to be agaist something, you better have the balls to know the facts and accept them. The US and its allies are partially responsible for Saddams hanging. Because I supported the fall of saddam, even though i did not want to watch it, i forced myself to watch the video of his execution. I am not pathetic that i would flee from that responisbility. If you are for or agaist something, its your responisbility to face it head on instead of being a coward.

If you are against animals as food, or how they are supplied, then its your dutey to accept the details, to know the details, and not cry about them whenever they are mentioned. Dont be a coward.

I dare you to get onto youtube, type chick and convayer belt, and just watch how animals are mass supplied to give humans food. If you cant handle my words, then you will be puking after watching the videos. If you are for or agaist something, you have a responsibility to face the truth head on, to face what you believe.

Add: here i made it easy for you. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chicks conveyor belt&search=Search (warning, dont watch if you are a coward)

Last edited:
I really don't want to see it, I'm a coward, Ok? You happy now? I know what happens to them, that doesn't mean I should be ok with it...

that was disgusting. there's no excuse to exploit animals in cruel, inhumane manners such as decapitation for a simple party. it's not over-reacting--it's being morally just.

if the article is in fact true, sony screwed up royally. even if the game they were promoting featured blood, gore and topless women, it's still just a game, not to be re-enacted in real life, with real people and real animals. after all, that's the reason we have violent games, right? because they're rage-filled fantasies of ours that we wouldn't, in a million years, ever commit ourselves? apparantly not, as sony has grotesquely demonstrated for us all.

no, they didn't kill that goat "for food." let's be real: if they really slaughtered that animal for consumption purposes, would they have honestly left the headless goat for display while we eat it? is sony so compassionless as to exhibit a decapitated, lifeless goat, and so ignorant as to believe that human beings aren't civilized enough to eat out of a serving plate? yes, we are carnivores, but we're civilized carnivores, and most of us who have grown up in non-third-world cultures have grown accustomed to plates and forks. surely, the folks at sony are mature enough to realize this; or maybe it's just me :wtf:

sony needs to rethink their marketing strategies. if we truly want to avoid another virgnia tech or columbine massacre, the gaming industry must do their part and come together to brainstorm different, effective techniques to market their "mature" games but, at the same time, express to its impressionable market that real-life, tangible violence is, in all shapes and forms, unacceptable, at any level (humans and animals alike). this was a serious marketing crime on sony's behalf, displaying social irresponsibility and a total lack of compassion for the living dimension beyond theirs.

let us not forget that animals have certain rights as well, and being treated unjustly violates a fundamental part of their existance. we are a civilized society, one in which we pride ourselves at being the best in what we do. if we are to turn a blind eye to this atrocity and shrug it off like a C- on a paper for a class we don't particularly care for, we are, in turn, making a statement as to our moral beliefs not only as an individual, but also as a society and nation, one rooted in christian beliefs and values. the moment we forget that, the moment we revert back to prehistoric behaviors. and you don't wanna live in a cave, do you?

Last edited:
sry, didnt read all of dodo birds post =(

tbh, you have to in some way side with shift, afterall animals are slaughtered just for food, and that goat was going to feed humans. ive never truly cared for animal rights (or at least animals that are used for food) but even if it was done in Greece face it: it was shown in America. It was indeed cruel to have a dead animal on a cover of a magazine. It was stupid, and over-the-top. even if you dont have a problem with it, there are plenty people who do, and who will not buy sony products because of this. Sony made a bad mistake. (if it was indeed sony, but regardless...)

it's "our console is for mature gamers" taken way too far. This is the 21st century, you just dont put this kind of thing to press, especially for advertising.

Yeah, I saw that in todays newspaper....looked kind of creepy

i thought the official playstation mag was even being made anymore. i was reading a PSM and it was said that they where the only playstation mag out since the OPSM stop printing. maybe that just in the US.

Back