Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sony is going crazy talking shyt about wii and xbox...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by NeMeZyZ, Oct 19, 2006.

1. NeMeZyZ

NeMeZyZ Chapter .1

[MEDIA]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/10/sony_chart1.jpg[/MEDIA]

Ok, here's a new one: with Sony's announcements today they've issued a titled "Next-generation Console Comparison Fact Sheet," (downloadable here [DOC]) so let's see some facts. First up, were you aware that to use your Xbox 360 Core system you're required to buy the 20GB drive add-on, an HD DVD drive, a wireless controller, and an Xbox Live sub? We weren't either. But hey, it says right there, "requires users to buy" and this is, in fact, a "fact sheet." Of course, none of that's actually true, and what's more, were one to use the Xbox 360 Premium console pack in that chart instead of the Core pack, the total would be $399 for a console with that very same hard drive, wireless controller, and Xbox Live Silver subscription (which provides access to everything but multiplayer) -- remember, kids, an HD DVD drive is not required to do anything but watch high def movies -- it has nothing to do with high def gaming. We hear Microsoft ain't too happy about this chart either and is preparing certain legal action, namely because it could be misleading to otherwise unwitting retail employees selling customers game consoles this holiday season. Go figure.

P.S. -In the interest of fairness, it's also worth pointing out the Wii browser is what will cost you after the first 6 months -- not their online service. What's more, if you download the browser before June of 2007, it's straight up free. Otherwise, Nintendo hasn't yet announced details of the cost of their online service so far as we know. Another nice one, Sony.

P.P.S. -We just confirmed with Microsoft that another Sony claim -- that you need a memory unit or a hard drive to use the WiFi adapter -- is also false. You can grab a Core pack with no memory card and plug in a WiFi adapter and get on your home network. Sheez Sony, did we mention we moonlight as fact checkers?
    [MEDIA]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/10/sony_chart2.jpg[/MEDIA]

source:
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/19/sony-claims-xbox-360-requires-hd-dvd-etc-thus-costs-700/

2. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

Could be wrong, since it also says the Wii Online is free for the first 6 months.

3. Kumoriken

Kumoriken Banned

Wii Friend Code: 3916-4519-7595-8108
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    >.> Sony... Must... Die. D:< Even though I hate Microsoft in the gaming category, they don't deserve a flase bad rep. *Nod nod* I'll be pissed if they DON'T take legal actions. Sony's making an ass of themselves and need a good kick in the ass to knock some sense into them.

4. E7ernal

E7ernal Error Getting Statistics

LOL, i love how with PS3 they say 802.11b (WiFi)
    And with Wii they just say 802.11 as if it didn't have WiFi (so people not really in the know would be more inclined to get PS3.

Besides the spec sheet is like asking if someone wants Organic free range Chicken or normal chicken - advertising that the non-free range one is bigger (injected with water) and will last longer (Injected with preservatives).

Well... Not really but I can't think of a better example at the mo'

5. pizzaluvr

pizzaluvr world crown chimpokomastr

yeah, and they put that it's 1/10 base T, etc. but they just put "ethernet" for xbox

6. White-Wolf

White-Wolf WiiChat Member

man, good deal, sony is finely takeing tips from republicans....:sick:

7. Cap'n Meow

Cap'n Meow WiiChat Member

[​IMG] Me thinks Sony is starting to panic. Bottom line is the people that want a PS3 won't be gauranteed to get one on their launch day. Then those people will go get either a 360 or a Wii or both since they have all that money to get the PS3. Wii360 FTW!

8. Flip

Flip WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6487-0727-1500-1514
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    According to this "Fact sheet" Sony's "Free Online Access" costs $0... Wow, thanks for letting us know Sony, I thought we were going to be charged for your FREE ONLINE ACCESS.

Just a thought.

9. GreyKirby

GreyKirby Fo-Weva Pink!

Sony has always been talking shyt about microsoft and nintendo.
    Sony is pepsi and microsoft/nintendo is coca cola. Have you seen those commercials where they always make fun of Coke?

10. Icetrash

Icetrash King K.Rool

Wii Friend Code: 4727-8101-2072-3014
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    I like Pepsi more than Coke does this mean....? No it cant. Anyway Im loving the fact sheet... by looks of it Sony is just up themselves. Also nice cartoon there you got, buddy

11. Jenova

Jenova Final Distance

Wii Friend Code: 8507-9443-5099-4224
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    I hope Sony gets sued. And then they die. And then they blow up after they're dead. And then they drown. And then they get sent into space. And then they get sucked into a dark whole. And then they blow up again.

But seriously, I hope they die.

12. Equis

Equis WII-19-VI

wii wiiill survive tru word of mouth !

ps3 will survive by just the fact its playstation and they been the king for so long.

13. in touch with the wii

in touch with the wii prez , you suck :p

Wii Friend Code: 5767-9309-0719-3080
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    bull***** time for some return from retirement for me
    heres my opinon then im going away again sony is the idot company yet plp just go with the graphic and the shiny and expensive stuff it would be great next next gen but not now not everyone has a hd tv this means that you need to buy a £500-£600 hd tv to enjoy one yet it lacks in fetures that can be used not only in games like nintendos message channel and photo channel they should also think about back wards compatilbility and gamers ratings in the table this is idoitic and saying that the ps3 is cheaper than the wii is wrong they dont need to say that because the stats show that they are in fact wrong here it is
    wii and controller 180 + 2 games £80 = £260
    ps3 and controller £400 + 2 games £120 = 620
    and surpisingly it ends up at £360 (xbox 360 hmmmmmmmm ok thats and other matter)
    and thats it folks see ya at launch

14. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

So if the Blu-Ray HDD cost $0 and its total is $500..where is all our money going?

15. ABC

ABC Banned

Wii Friend Code: 1929-2278-1848-3419
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Sorry to say it but they are right. The 360 seemed nice and cheap at first, but add all that extra stuff and it is pretty expensive, I should know, I've had it since launch day. The truth of the matter is the gaming industry is big enough now to accomodate all three next-gen consoles. All three will be absolutely amazaing.

16. Quatsch

Quatsch WiiChat Member

Read the chart, man...

Those are extra things you need to buy in addition to the system....since blu-ray is included in the system, there is no extra price for it. The XBox360 does not have HD-DVD capability built in, so if you want that functionality you have to dish out more money.

17. teqguy

teqguy WiiChat Member

Erm... very bad analogy.

First of all, Coke tastes like sewer water. Second, Pepsi was founded on the laurels of Coca-Cola, and although the Playstation was supposed to be a joint venture between Sony, Philips, and Nintendo, Coke still tastes like sewer water(besides, where does that leave big, bad Microsoft... to be Fresca?).

In any case, Sony's claims are pathetic as it's obvious that they're trying to grab what small percentage of the market they can with low brow tactics.

Let them. They're not worth discussing.

18. darthbeaverxp

darthbeaverxp Banned

Oh great now all the sony haters will flock. I dont mean to be rude and start flaming, but the chart (as rude as it may be) is only the truth, and to that immature kid that rambled on about what sony's fate should be (ex, getting sucked into space and blowing up), go through puberty already. Sony might have unnecessarily rubbed this in to anger the other companies, but i dont think sony should die just for doing that, seeing as how they're a big company in electronics. People forget that sony makes more than playstations. And seriously, the ps3 is looking impressive, sony might be dickheads once in a while ( I guess i dont really pay attention) but the playstation 3, to me, is looking impressive. Did any of you guys go to those places in new york or whatever where there were playable ps3's and ninbtendo wii's set up for the public to play? You had to wait in line to play them? I forget the name of that event but was just wondering if any of you went to it?

#18 darthbeaverxp, Oct 20, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  19. yosh64

yosh64 WiiChat Member

hey

Another thing I think is a tad misleading, is saying the Nintendo Wii doesn't have a DVD Drive, when I think it does! and I would be quite surprised if a 3rd party doesn't release software for DVD Movie Playback ;).

They should also mention that the Nintendo Wii supports SD Cards (and also maybe the 512MB internal storage), as I think this is the Nintendo Wii's equivalent to a HDD.

Seems quite a low act from Sony... so I thinks...

cyas

20. teqguy

teqguy WiiChat Member

I made a post about this already:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/3248-opinion-wii-will-play-dvds.html

Well, they're comparing apples to oranges in hopes that those who are less knowledgable about technology will read it and say "Hey, the PS3 is the best, look at all the neat gadgets it has!".

Agreed... but then again, it's Sony; it's not like this is the first time they've tried to screw Nintendo.