sony is going crazy talking shyt about wii and xbox...

Sovieto said:
So if the Blu-Ray HDD cost $0 and its total is $500..where is all our money going?
Read the chart, man...

Those are extra things you need to buy in addition to the system....since blu-ray is included in the system, there is no extra price for it. The XBox360 does not have HD-DVD capability built in, so if you want that functionality you have to dish out more money.

GreyKirby said:
Sony is pepsi and microsoft/nintendo is coca cola.

Erm... very bad analogy.

First of all, Coke tastes like sewer water. Second, Pepsi was founded on the laurels of Coca-Cola, and although the Playstation was supposed to be a joint venture between Sony, Philips, and Nintendo, Coke still tastes like sewer water(besides, where does that leave big, bad Microsoft... to be Fresca?).

In any case, Sony's claims are pathetic as it's obvious that they're trying to grab what small percentage of the market they can with low brow tactics.

Let them. They're not worth discussing.

Oh great now all the sony haters will flock. I dont mean to be rude and start flaming, but the chart (as rude as it may be) is only the truth, and to that immature kid that rambled on about what sony's fate should be (ex, getting sucked into space and blowing up), go through puberty already. Sony might have unnecessarily rubbed this in to anger the other companies, but i dont think sony should die just for doing that, seeing as how they're a big company in electronics. People forget that sony makes more than playstations. And seriously, the ps3 is looking impressive, sony might be dickheads once in a while ( I guess i dont really pay attention) but the playstation 3, to me, is looking impressive. Did any of you guys go to those places in new york or whatever where there were playable ps3's and ninbtendo wii's set up for the public to play? You had to wait in line to play them? I forget the name of that event but was just wondering if any of you went to it?

Last edited:
hey

Another thing I think is a tad misleading, is saying the Nintendo Wii doesn't have a DVD Drive, when I think it does! and I would be quite surprised if a 3rd party doesn't release software for DVD Movie Playback ;).

They should also mention that the Nintendo Wii supports SD Cards (and also maybe the 512MB internal storage), as I think this is the Nintendo Wii's equivalent to a HDD.

Seems quite a low act from Sony... so I thinks...

cyas

yosh64 said:
hey

Another thing I think is a tad misleading, is saying the Nintendo Wii doesn't have a DVD Drive, when I think it does! and I would be quite surprised if a 3rd party doesn't release software for DVD Movie Playback ;).

I made a post about this already:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/3248-opinion-wii-will-play-dvds.html

They should also mention that the Nintendo Wii supports SD Cards (and also maybe the 512MB internal storage), as I think this is the Nintendo Wii's equivalent to a HDD.

Well, they're comparing apples to oranges in hopes that those who are less knowledgable about technology will read it and say "Hey, the PS3 is the best, look at all the neat gadgets it has!".

Seems quite a low act from Sony... so I thinks...

Agreed... but then again, it's Sony; it's not like this is the first time they've tried to screw Nintendo.

I hope Nintendo do win. I really do. I had a ps2 for 5 years until it broke a few months ago. It did bring me a lot of enjoyment. I loved Shadow of the Colossus, God of War and The Silent Hill Series, to name but a few. But the fact that I'd have to buy a HD-ready TV when I can't afford one to get the best out of the PS3 has really disillusioned me. PS3s will come down in price and so will HD TVs. And it would also be worth your while being patient to find out what happens in the Blu-ray - HDDVD war!!

However, I do think Nintendo need to add some graphical polish to some of their launch games. At the end of the day the gamecube was capable of some incredible looking games so the Wii should be capable of a bit more than what the trailers have suggested. Although a trailer I seen for Red Steel showed some beautiful animation! And I have to confess to having nearly jizzed myself at the prospect of Twilight Princess!! Oh Dear . . . .I've just cum again!!!

UkranianTractor said:
However, I do think Nintendo need to add some graphical polish to some of their launch games. At the end of the day the gamecube was capable of some incredible looking games so the Wii should be capable of a bit more than what the trailers have suggested. Although a trailer I seen for Red Steel showed some beautiful animation! And I have to confess to having nearly jizzed myself at the prospect of Twilight Princess!! Oh Dear . . . .I've just cum again!!!

A. That was just sick.

B. The Wii is capable approximately 3 times what the Gamecube was at it's maximum power. But, as we all know when a system releases, the first batch of games don't even touch what the system is ACTUALLY capable of. For example, it took developers a year to warm up to the 360. The release games for it looked like polished original XBox games. The games being released now are getting pretty insane looking. So, I say in about a year developers will start taking full advantage of the Wii with dope graphics, oonline play, etc etc.

Back