Sony Lawsuit

fatalorgasm92

Nintendo,Gaming 24/7
May 6, 2007
Big Pine Key, FL
Wii Online Code
3157-7038-9234-4590
Who else thinks this Lawsuit on Sony is completely Ridiculous???

I mean come on... You don't have rights on a ****ing building, and its not a company that can be suing.
So what the hell??
Theres nothing that even Defines the building, it could be any damn cathedral.
Its not like GTA has a McDonalds but didnt get rights. Thats a company.
Thats like if i made a game that had a plain blue port-potty. Would a porta-potty company sue me because it looks similar to theres? And yet again we run into the corparation problem.
I say piss off this is ridiculous.

What exactly was the lawsuit for? Sorry, I just don't remember hearing anything.

lol

Ok I can't think off the top of my head WHO exactly it is but put it this way

Sony is being sued for Featuring the Church of Manchester. So the Church of England is pissed and wants to Sue Sony for illegally having the Cathedral of Henry the VIII in Resistance: fall of man. Its completely ridiculous especially since Its just a damn building and theres nothing in the game that shows it is the Specific church. For some more info alothough a little dated go here http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/09/church-of-england-threatens-sony-with-lawsuit/

who cares? Its not gonna get the game off the shelves. That lawsuit would take such a long time, that the next rfom would already be out.

Well actually that pretty much IS the lawsuit. I dont know Where but thats part of it.

Im not sure about money but part of the lawsuit is to Take the Game off game shelves and out of production.

Does it say anything on the church in the game? If it doesn't, I don't think theres any way that church could sue them. Exactly the same thing in movies and what not. If a movie production doesn't have the rights to a certain beer...they avoid showing the label...or take it completely off.

ya i know but Thats what i mean There IS no label its just a damn building.
Well the only association the Church in the game has is That they are both in Manchester England. But still its a Damn building get over it. And How to people who pray all day know these THings???? Does the Pope has a PS3???

they either want 10 million dollars or 10 young boys as a result of the lawsuit. Since it seems Sony isnt aiming for the kiddie market, they cant offer boys instead of money.

lol nice... Well Sony has money, im sure there pissed but money isnt as big a deal. If the game is left on shelves at least thats more income. But taking it out of production? thats nuts. I doubt they will when, i mean look at all the people trying to get rid of video games altogether. People spend an Average of 90 million a year trying to convince everyone that Video games are one of the worlds biggest problems. Not much has been accomplished since all these people are idiots. And They better have a damn good lawyer because there is no evidence of It even being the Same building..

lol i think that map is called catherdral or something. And its a big part of the map. I guess thats one idea though. But why would you **** with one of the biggest Powers in the Electronic industry... These people are idiots..

While I don't necessarily agree with the churches position on this one.......ok, I think they are desperately trying to generate some publicity and the whole idea of suing Sony is b*****ks............I can also understand why they might be upset at using a photo-realisitc representation of a cathedral as the centrepoint of a violent shootout. . . . . . . . it doesn't really sit well with the whole 'Ten Commandments' position that the church generally takes.

Perhaps the developers could of chosen a different historical building to use or used their imagination to design one from scratch?

The US has far more legal rights than any nation on the planet. This pathetic lawsuit shows how screwed you get when underestimating legal issues in other countries.

The best example of this is the story of Gameshark. Gameshark started sueing anyone who ran their own independant GS websites (Around the launch of the PS2). The most common was CMGSCCC.com (Still supplies the best PS1 codes). If you own a GS for the PS2 you know how lopsided the current code list is. Codes that are so few, and broken, that it's just easier to get better at playing a game on it's hardest possible mode. In short... it's a broken world with freedoms that are limited based on the corruption of that government.

Back