Sony: Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
In an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald, Sony general manager for Australia and New Zealand said that, "The Wii-type functionality is more just a sub-element of what the PlayStation 3 offers".

He also went onto add, "Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PSP".

Via: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150432

omg wot is it about people thinking that the wii is not much to bother about and i notice that sony are alot of the time trying to show off about blueray its so anoying. every1 has there own differnt opinion about wot makes a game/console. they need to stop worring about wot is out on the market and focus on making the best games

well its obvious that sony its a bit envious about wii, they even copied the motion sensing feature to create their sixaxis controller, and it cant stand up against the wiimote.

"the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PSP".

Ok, not the psp, but wii will connect to DS.
Photos? Sure, we have a whole channel devoted to it.
Music? Well excite truck i believe offers the ability to play songs off your SD card while playing? Hmm, so surely a channel could be available to play music in the future?

So basically they are charging £210 for a blu-ray drive, or at least thats what this guy seems to think? And yes, im sure the remotes motion sensing, speaker, internal memory and shape are all 'sub-elements' of the ps3 controller. i mean, everyone realises that of course...

Okay.......I have been holding this back for a while, but here is my take on this whole thing.

Sony is DEFINITELY envious of nintendo right now for several reasons.

reason 1. The wii comes in a neat small package and is used EXCLUSIVELY for gaming.

Reason 2. the wii mote is exponetially better motion sensitivity because all of the cames completely rely on motion sensitivity.

reason 3. If I wanted multimedia, I would go take a seat in front of my GODDAMN COMPUTER!!!!!! Sweet jesus. They act like the invented multimedia options for home entertainment.

I have a cd player, a 2,000 dollar computer, and a High def TV that plays DVD's. SCREW BLU RAY AND SCREW SONY.

i0n said:
He also went onto add, "Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PSP".

And this is the reason I have a computer. ;):yikes:

Sony needs to focus on Microsoft, and at least aim for #2 in 2007. How did Sony gain so much ego? Their current PR staff needs to be fired if this is all they can come up with.

PS3 vs Wii
A. No memory card/old controller slots
B. Both, and GC controller works with Virtual Console

A. The PS3 can overheat easily after short periods of time.
B. Not only can I leave the Wii on for a while, I can barely hear the fan.

A. PS3 costs a fortune and doesn't even come with a game.
B. The Wii comes with a game, and is far more affordable.

re

zorrilla said:
and sony its even more envious because the ps3 its not selling very well so everyone make your own conclusions

Not selling very well? How many ps3's do you see on the shelf? Every store sells out in minutes of arrival. They havent sold alot because they take alot longer to make than the wii.

re

Deathmetalmaster said:
Okay.......I have been holding this back for a while, but here is my take on this whole thing.

Sony is DEFINITELY envious of nintendo right now for several reasons.

reason 1. The wii comes in a neat small package and is used EXCLUSIVELY for gaming.

Reason 2. the wii mote is exponetially better motion sensitivity because all of the cames completely rely on motion sensitivity.

reason 3. If I wanted multimedia, I would go take a seat in front of my GODDAMN COMPUTER!!!!!! Sweet jesus. They act like the invented multimedia options for home entertainment.

I have a cd player, a 2,000 dollar computer, and a High def TV that plays DVD's. SCREW BLU RAY AND SCREW SONY.

1.If sony was envious on nintendo because their system is devoted to gaming, they would have done the same thing. Sony wanted something more than a gaming system.

2. two different target audiences. Sony wasnt trying to make a better motion sensing remote than the wii. It would be pointless since most games wont utilize it.

3. Not everyone likes ot sit in front of a computer to watch movies. I bought a big screen tv for a reason. Blu ray movies are alot clearer, but to me it doesnt matter. dvd and blueray both look good to me.

re

sagema said:
Sony needs to focus on Microsoft, and at least aim for #2 in 2007. How did Sony gain so much ego? Their current PR staff needs to be fired if this is all they can come up with.

PS3 vs Wii
A. No memory card/old controller slots
B. Both, and GC controller works with Virtual Console

A. The PS3 can overheat easily after short periods of time.
B. Not only can I leave the Wii on for a while, I can barely hear the fan.

A. PS3 costs a fortune and doesn't even come with a game.
B. The Wii comes with a game, and is far more affordable.

Who cares. They designed a new controller, why would they allow use for the old ones? Sell your old stuff on ebay. Its not that hard.

It doesnt overheat. THeres always a few bad eggs in the bunch. Lots of people have had problems with their wii.
I can barely hear my ps3. Its a tad louder than my wii, but not loud by any means.

If $500 is a fortune, then maybe you need a new job.

re

zorrilla said:
well its obvious that sony its a bit envious about wii, they even copied the motion sensing feature to create their sixaxis controller, and it cant stand up against the wiimote.

Congrats, you won stupidest post of the thread. The sixaxis was never meant to realy compete with the wii. The wii is completely based off of the remote. Most ps3 games wont even utilize the motion sensing remote.

Stolen joke

L10337538.jpg

Crappy movies on Blu-ray are still crappy movies

chessaholic said:
"the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PSP".QUOTE]

Ok maybe you can connect a PSP to the PS3 but you could connect your GBA to a gamecube long ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back