sony, you've gone too far...

LA33R

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
Sunny Scunny
Wii Online Code
8727-8318-1188-6737
don't any of you think that sony has gone too far with the ps3? I thought it was ment to be a games console not a full computer.

Why carn't they make it cheeper by No blu-ray, you don't need all the memory, you only need like 10 gb to hold save data. yes maybee one of your own songs or 2 to play with. HD, i can understand that, there is alot of HD tvs.

But you lot out there after a PS3, turn round and think to your self, why a PS3 why not a PS2, you still get good game for a PS2. The hole innitial idia of the PS3 was a good games console but now its gone out of controle and they have made them too expensive by all the un-needed stuff.

Is the PS3 a games console anymore, i would class it as a hi-tech PC!!!!!!

Computers don't overheat every 20 minutes. Computers can handle the internet. Computers can download and play/use multiple content (wpd, avi, mov, flash, shockwave, midi, ogm, etc). Computers can at least play Avi files. Computers can pause downloads, burn CDs, DvDs, and are upgradeable. Tell me how the PS3 is a computer? If anything it's like those fake computers you give a 5 year old kid. It just doesn't do 10% of what a real computer can do for half the price of a PS3.

well the amount of cash needed to fund the development for the ps3,its typical of sony to jack the price up,but thats what u pay for,quality, i think a pc console is the xbox360, look at the games, 95% of them are available on pc.

Mario Racer said:
well the amount of cash needed to fund the development for the ps3,its typical of sony to jack the price up,but thats what u pay for,quality, i think a pc console is the xbox360, look at the games, 95% of them are available on pc.

Erm... Sony havent even jacked up the price enough to make a profit... they're losing something around £200-£250 on every unit they sell, and quality? More like power, but although the raw specs of the 360 compared to the PS3 are not as powerful, the PS3's architecture is flawed, and will never be able to run at the speed of the 360.

I agree. They shouldn't even be marketing it as a game console. Instead of Playstation 3, they should have just called it Expensivepieceofcrapmultimediastation 1.

Ruman said:
I agree. They shouldn't even be marketing it as a game console. Instead of Playstation 3, they should have just called it Expensivepieceofcrapmultimediastation 1.

ROFL

Themadnun said:
Erm... Sony havent even jacked up the price enough to make a profit... they're losing something around £200-£250 on every unit they sell, and quality? More like power, but although the raw specs of the 360 compared to the PS3 are not as powerful, the PS3's architecture is flawed, and will never be able to run at the speed of the 360.

lmao,got any proof to back that up,are you a games developer?

" quality? "

obvious fanboy,your opinion is usless here once bias turns.

oh so you are a games developer for xbox360 and Ps3, thats cool

And digging up an article from early 2006 doesnt prove nothing lmao,You funny Kid. If it was dated 2007 then i probably would have read it,but nope.

Sorry, didn't notice that, moving on... what bias? i'm not biased in any way. I know in the last generation i stuck to my gamecube because the launch xboxs were prone to catching fire, and the PS2 controllers... well... let's just say, i could stick red hot forks in my eyes, but i'd rather not. I own a Wii, and i'm buying a 360 sometime in the next month... I'm not even going to bother with the PS3 because i could get 20 driving lessons at least for the price of one, and the fact that i don't really want a portable hotplate to play my games on. only the facts, man...

thats fine,but price aside,their ALL great consoles, i just cant stand fanboyism,take Ruman for example...lol, driven by personal opinions and not facts.

For me, i got $900 this christmas,cant afford the ps3, so im going to have to wait, i might not even get one untill the price drops over 50%, in saying that i still think its an amazing peice of hardware with nice exclusives. As does the wii,and since its in my price range,i should have one real soon.

Yeah, i think the PS3 is overpriced and not worth it for me... I got my Wii for christmas, and then got told i had to hand over my christmas money to help pay for it, so that's fu*cked me over for a while now...

Anyway, back onto the topic everyone, please.

Last edited:
Mario Racer said:
oh so you are a games developer for xbox360 and Ps3, thats cool

And digging up an article from early 2006 doesnt prove nothing lmao,You funny Kid. If it was dated 2007 then i probably would have read it,but nope.

Actually hes right. I read an article on CNN Money's website about this.
Hard to believe but true. And no I didnt save the link.

many game developers have already noted that they get the most out of the ps3,then tone it down for xbox360, burnout 5 for example,ill find a link to what Citreon (sp?) has said about Making Burnout 5 on the ps3. XBox360 uses direct X right?, how long has developers been using that. I have to admit Cell is real powerfull,in 2 or 3 years time once developers learn to exploit the hardware,were going to see some amazing looking games,hopefully Gran Turismo 5 uses a high % of ps3 hardware,should be Sweet.

Back