Sony's gone bloody mad

Shiftfallout said:
after doing some more research, its basically an ad promoting not so much the system as much as the magazine. The magazine is called Consoul and its euro branch is responsible for the art direction of the magazine. The german word on the bottom is JOY, either refering to the pregnancy test the woman is taking, or the fact shes enjoying relieving herself. Either way... this made me think of a joke. One thats just in bad taste...

European sounds "like you are peeing", there fore visa vi ergo... oh nvm you get where im going with this. When your in the bathroom you're european. sheesh...

And American sounds like;.. A merkin.?

Hah, nice commercial. Ad.

consoulmagazine.jpg

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Advertising is not an art form.

Thats kind of funny. I just got back from a photoshoot in which quite a few professional photgraphers (some with ad design experience) would dissagree with you. This isnt normal advertising as well, its a magazine. Magazines can be highly stylistic and full of art and design. Advertising is an art form however, it has an audience its trying A) send a message too B)an audience it trys to appeal to and C) uses vidual/audio means to do so.

The real sad thing is, that in this forum there are so many people with bottled up raging sony hate, that its pathetic. No matter what, if it has any relation to sony at all, they automatically look at it as if it were the devil. I find this really pathetic.

Get over yourself shift. Sony deserves every bit of it. They're not worthy of my money or admiration cuz they just steal for everyone at any chance they get. But thats a whole nother topic. This commerical is seriously f*cked up. What is the thinking behind this? Is this just a ploy for free publicity from the media? I mean really it doesn't make me interested in getting a PS3. The only reason I think about Sony is because I'm really interested in Final Fantasy 13 which looks to be an awesome game. Other than that they can drop off the face of the planet. I really hope their PR department keeps putting out stuff like that cuz its really opening a lot of peoples eyes to their ridiculous sh*t. In short Sony is a hot mess right now. Have they not seen the Gears of War commercial? Thats brilliance. Thats a beatiful commercial that catches the eye of the consumer. And this is coming from a Nintendo fanboy. Thats why I can respect Microsoft. They actually know what they're doing.

all those commercial accomplish is insulting the europeans. that ad, and that commercial absoulutely made NO SENSE! those commercials make me think " wow if thats what appeals to ppl in europe to persuade them to buy a ps3, they must have issue over there". before a get a racist flame, im NOT SAYING I FEEL THAT WAY, but that the hidden message the ad and commercial. i mean seriously, japan and us (america) got real commercials that display the hardware and games...they get something with a grenade gettin ready to blow up a suitcase and a woman crappin on the toliet????!!!!
sony is a joke. they make them wait 5 months for the ps3 launch in america, then they take out backward compatiblity, now this insult them with the commericals.

I know you nintendo fanboys are used to kids advertisements with clouds, rainbows, and anything else that would appeal to a 5 year old. However you have to realize that the ps3 is not appealing to you. Theres blood, violence, swearing, and sexually suggestive material in alot of the games. You might think this is wrong, or the sony is doing a bad job. I guess I could point out that the ps2 sold more consoles than every other console combined, or that they are one of the largest electronics companies in the world. I could also point out that the ps3 has sold just under 2 million units to date and hasnt launch in europe or australia yet. I dont mean shipped, but actual sold to consumers. If you think thats bad for a $600 console, then I guess nothing will impress you. When you try and compare a $250 toy to a $600 gaming console you will lose every time.

lloyd_yayo said:
all those commercial accomplish is insulting the europeans. that ad, and that commercial absoulutely made NO SENSE!
Who says commercials have to make sense? It reminded me a bit of the game CLUE myself. Its quite artistic as well. You will see a lot of films like that in the indy film arena.

I find its funny also that you, someone from Ohio, is saying what Europeans must feel. You really dont have the right to assume such a thing.

Heres a commercial that didnt make much sense either... but its still enjoyable to watch. Commercials never have to make sense, only to keep you attention. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmgLtg1Izw

those commercials make me think " wow if thats what appeals to ppl in europe to persuade them to buy a ps3, they must have issue over there". before a get a racist flame, im NOT SAYING I FEEL THAT WAY, but that the hidden message the ad and commercial. i mean seriously, japan and us (america) got real commercials that display the hardware and games...they get something with a grenade gettin ready to blow up a suitcase and a woman crappin on the toliet????!!!!

Stuff like this is what makes europeans look at Americans with a certain distaste. I do hope however they realise every country has its backwater towns folk.

Did you really read the article, did you actually find out what the commercial is for, or are you just ASSUMING after watching it. Maybe everyones not like me, in that I will look into something before making an opinion of it.

By this im trying to say is, ITS FOR A FREAKIN MAGAZINE. They are not advertising to get you to buy the PS3, rather its for their PS3 magazine. Now, im not sure if you understand the magazine market, especially in europe. But Theres a whole realm of magazines out there that are treated as art. Not the generic stuff you see in your grocery store, but real art driven and deep magazines. They are more popular in Europe.

As for assuming the woman is crapping? how do you know shes not having a pregnancy test? What we do know is its being artistic, and aiming towards a certain target audience. You are not part of that target audience based of your mindset and location.

...now this insult them with the commericals.
Keep assuming that everyone is insulted by ad campeigns for magazines. Keep assuming that you speak for all of Europe, or even better their target audience. Good job.

You are joking right? Who says I have anything against sex, violence, or drugs. Have you heard of True Crime? I loved that game just like I love God of War (although its on the PS2 which sucks). That argument is played out and frankly quite pathetic. If thats all you can say to defend them then you really need some help.

And OH since you're a Sony exec or representative PLEASE in the name of GOD tell us who the "target audience" is for this commercial? Cuz I coulda sworn its Europeans.

Way back when I was in highschool a PR guy visited on career day. He told us rule #1 of any commercial is to first get the person's attention. Once you understand this all becomes clear.

sagema said:
Way back when I was in highschool a PR guy visited on career day. He told us rule #1 of any commercial is to first get the person's attention. Once you understand this all becomes clear.

Bingo. Thats definately the core of adverstising.

Back