Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by CantGetAWii, Feb 21, 2008.
so sony's complementing the wii? way to go sony.
lol sony forfeits battle. *go salutes wii*. as fox says "mission complete":lol: :lol:
I don't think he was complimenting the Wii. He said it's bad for third party developers because their consumer is at 40% (of Wii owners) since Big N developes strong first party games.
But not slick enough Harrison, they all know Wii owner crave third party : )
No, that's not entirely true. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't crave third party. I bought my Wii for first party; that's it. Mario, Metroid, Pokemon, Zelda, Animal Crossing Wii, Pikmin 3, F-Zero, Starfox, Chibi-Robo, Ect.
Now, that's not to say I won't pick up No More Heroes, but for the most part, I'm estimating that at least 25% of all Wii owners are only going to end up buying 1st party titles.
yes but 40% is the biggest amount of all the 360/ps3 owners when you think of it.
36, at around 35%, and ps3 about 25%
and no, i'm not bashin on the ps3, i'm just saying less people own one so yeah.
So your not going to play res evil, zaki and Wiki, okami,FF:CC, Come on man what about the VC games! I'm sorry but most people are not like you ... *looks at PS2 install base* Yeah these guys got a PS2 because of all the 3rd party games and when these guy show up on the Wii then 3rd parties will make more money. Also too the PS2 won last gen due to 3rd parties so no matter what the platform if the 3rd parties do show up they can easily out do nintendo collectively and still release games on the HD systems.
So basically even at 50% sales you have roughly what the PS3 has install base wise. Really though production cost wise i'm sure 3rd parties are looking at this guy like please man haven't we wasted enough money on this system. Blue ray is actually taking away from game sales on this box. A 3rd party can compete with a nintendo game for the hardcore and win but movies are way cooler in every way most of the time.
So you may not crave 3rd parties but I'm sure others do.
Harrison isn't intending to compliment Nintendo but rather hurt the Wii by trying to persuade an EA bigwig (I'm assuming) into believing that the Wii isn't a good console for 3rd party games. Yes Nintendo's games sell very well but Harrison's full of crap and I'm glad Young didn't agree and basically gave the middle finger.
Maybe I wasn't explaining it right. What Harrison was saying is that 60% of Wii owner is going to get first/second party only which leaves 40% left for third party. Like the above post he's trying to persuade EA to stray away from developing for Wii.
I don't know if he is right or not, though I doubt it. The reason why there's such number (the percents) is only because there's not enough third party line up, imo. It's way too early into Wii's lifespan to be spitting out numbers like this and trying to persuade, dumb imo too w
Id much rather see 5 very good actual games from third party devs, than 50 shitty mini game games like smarty pants.
I think Ninty need to be a bit more strict with what kind of crap they allow devs to put on the Wii, since a bad third party game (which comes along every week) also makes Nintendo look bad.
I read this yesterday, he's complimenting Nintendo but talkind down the Wii.