Sore Loser?

GMaster1000

Veteran++
Mar 3, 2007
London
Well if you are i for one feel embaressed for you.

Its the start of a new series, two strong players go head to head both with high win ratios. Mario v Luigi.

Kick-off, bad off the ball foul results in Luigi getting his special up at the very start. Seconds after kick off Luigi pounds through and gets his 6 ball, orange mega-shot. 5 of these rattle past the helpless keeper and the score reads 5-0 after just 20seconds.

What would you do if you were Mario?

Well i had this very same experience, it seems that I(luigi) was a strong player on merit but my opponent was nothing but a cheating fraud racking up his win streak by being a sore loser.

In this situation it seems that numerous Strikers would hit the power button than face defeat, leaving the oppenent frustrated and worse disconnected for another 5minutes+ trying to find a game. I dont think this is fair and i dont think it should be allowed to impact honest players, maybe there should be a rule to stop people from doing this and automatically recored a loss to their name.

I can see the problem with this idea as genuine players who suffer connectivity issues will get effected, but is it worth it? So i ask the average wii-striker for their opinion on SLs (sore losers). Have you had this experience or are you one yourself?

Last edited:
Nintendo will probably release an update that will stop that. along with making online more responsive.

"And then they will release a headset we can use to talk to our opponents!" he said hopefully...

someone beat me 11-0 because they were playing as waluigi and used that move where no-one can get in then done his 6 ball special inside it.

but apart from that onlines great

WII60 said:
someone beat me 11-0 because they were playing as waluigi and used that move where no-one can get in then done his 6 ball special inside it.

but apart from that onlines great
Thats not a cheat thats his special and its kinda hard to pull that off, Marios, Luigis and Yoshi basically wipe everyone out and does the same.

Ive had around 8 People Disconnect Obviously on purpose (example - I do super striker and im already winning 4-0) Very frustrating, do we even get points or a win?

They should do it like mariokart, if you wuss out you get - points.

once when I was playin I was in the middle of shooting a megastrike when the other person disconnected :(
just because of that like.

Three times today I've been disconnected form the game while winning, and I got the lose point every time :/

Yeah, exactly my problem. I see a very simple solution: the score at disconnection counts as the end score for that game. If it's not possible to store the loss of the disconnecting player, then at least the winner would get his merit.

Actually, I think that you should win triple points.
And the other person lose triple points. If.. There is losing points. I'm just a silly American without the game.

Would solve ALOT of these disconnect problems.

what can nintendo really do though??? hopefully it will stop because it does get annoying( well i dont have the game yet, but i am sure it gets annoying). I am sure nintendo knows about this and will maybe expell the person for disconnecting when that person reaches a specific number. Maybe like dissconnect 5 time- 10 day suspension ( they ban ur current profile) 10 times-30 day suspension.

Last edited:
This Guy In Mario kart DS Disconnected In 1st Place, And THEN I Raced Him A Month Later And He Disconnected Before The Countdown Went To ONE!

Back