Sorry piece of such and such aka Wii Remote issues

Dragonbane

WiiChat Member
Jul 3, 2007
Had a friend over and did a standard sync with the remote instead of the on time like I should have. Neither one of the remotes work now. I have tried everything that I have read in all of these chats. The remote lost sync the first week I had it too, and it took like five days for it to start working. I was about to box it up and send it in for repairs. Any other suggestions to get it working again? Thanks.

well this happened to me before kind of. the pointer wasn't responding but the buttons would. it fixed itself within a few hours tho. this is probably not the case with you. maybe you can try reformatting your wii to original settings.

does your wiimote work on other wiis?

omg i just logged on to post a thread about this.. im freakin out, neither of my wii remotes will respond. i was playing some 2 player just fine earlier. the power button wont even work. the 4 lights just flash at the bottom of the remote like its unsynced but i cant sync it w/o a workign remote! what the heck do we do?

Maybe try taking out the batteries for a bit and then putting them back in. Also, when this happens to mine, unplugging the console has worked.

WiiBad said:
Maybe try taking out the batteries for a bit and then putting them back in. Also, when this happens to mine, unplugging the console has worked.
i tried the batteries thing already.

i will try unplugging it, thanks for the idea.

Taaaa Daaaa

I figured out my problem. Hope this helps someone else. The whole time I was holding down the sync button on the remote and console and it wasn't working. What worked for me was holding the buton on the remote for a few seconds, then holding the button on the console(still hoolding the one on the remote) for a couple of seconds. Release the one on the console and continue to hold the one on the remote. It should sync up shortly. I was led to believe by all that I had read that you had to hold both buttons the whole time. My frustration level was high, but now I am calm and serene and am going to play my Wii.:mad5: to:smilewinkgrin:

Dragonbane said:
I figured out my problem. Hope this helps someone else. The whole time I was holding down the sync button on the remote and console and it wasn't working. What worked for me was holding the buton on the remote for a few seconds, then holding the button on the console(still hoolding the one on the remote) for a couple of seconds. Release the one on the console and continue to hold the one on the remote. It should sync up shortly. I was led to believe by all that I had read that you had to hold both buttons the whole time. My frustration level was high, but now I am calm and serene and am going to play my Wii.:mad5: to:smilewinkgrin:
what button on the console? all i had to do was unplug mine and plug it back in and my wiimote was magically syncd again

yeah, thats happened to me, the best thing to do when syncing isnt working is press the reset button it should fix the problem

Back