SOTW #12 Applications

Nice work Close :)

Big improvement.

Here's my current entry:

IM.png

Thanks Demonflair, and Syntax ! :)

Syntax looks good, but you could make it really great !

The text " ironman " looks a bit too dark, and can't really see the "i".
Same with Marvel. Me, personally, prefer white text. And imo, I don't like the chrome effect. The border and render looks great. :)

Even though it's kind of dark I prefer it to blend in more with the signature. Also I don't really feel like over doing the signature :) Thanks for the feedback however.

Close said:
My entry:

wolverinerender2pngnc5.png

That looks so much better than my attempt Close. Nicely done. I am going to re-do my previous entry and use Beast as the render.

EDIT: This is my final entry. Please ignore the previous (Wolverine) entry:

beastcopyrs0.jpg

Last edited:
Byuakuya said:
That looks so much better than my attempt Close. Nicely done. I am going to re-do my previous entry and use Beast as the render.

EDIT: This is my final entry. Please ignore the previous (Wolverine) entry:

beastcopyrs0.jpg

Very good, much better than the Wolverine one. Try to sharpen the render more, to come out better in the tag.

demonflair said:
Very good, much better than the Wolverine one. Try to sharpen the render more, to come out better in the tag.
The blur on the render was intentional. I motion blurred it from the top to give it the effect of a heavy landing (the reason for the flying debris).
Thanks for the feedback. :)

Byuakuya said:
The blur on the render was intentional. I motion blurred it from the top to give it the effect of a heavy landing (the reason for the flying debris).
Thanks for the feedback. :)

The motion blur is fine but I think demonflair is right...you need to sharpen the render a bit...if you only do a new layer and apply the image then sharpen and erase around most of the render...I think his face needs more sharpness.

Render, and text placement looks really good, but the render looks desaturated.

Star Striker said:
I have another version of it:

IronMan.png
I personally think that the first one is much better.

At Ricardo and Tarheel: Thank you both for the feedback. I will try some sharpening and then post an updated version soon.

EDIT: Here is the sharpened version:

beastcopyuf3.jpg

Last edited:
Star Striker said:
Here's my entry. Not that good but I couldn't find inspiration in this theme:

IronManV2.png
This should be your entry, and it's nice. Very.

Pras: MUCH BETTER.

Last edited:
Byuakuya said:
At Ricardo and Tarheel: Thank you both for the feedback. I will try some sharpening and then post an updated version soon.

EDIT: Here is the sharpened version:

beastcopyuf3.jpg

Hmm... looks somehow the same... try to sharpen it more. Do this: in the layer that you applied the motion blur filter, erase the render (if it was by applying image), then sharpen the render in a new layer, then add fade sharpen in Edit»Fade Sharpen, then set it to one that will fit better...

demonflair said:
Hmm... looks somehow the same... try to sharpen it more. Do this: in the layer that you applied the motion blur filter, erase the render (if it was by applying image), then sharpen the render in a new layer, then add fade sharpen in Edit»Fade Sharpen, then set it to one that will fit better...

From looking at it I think if anything needs to stand out and be sharp it's his face. I would work on getting a nice amount of sharpening on there.

Back