SOTW #5 Application

wow, I didnt know we had SOTW!! wow wow wee wow. I guess I join next weeks SOTW. Woot I better get my PS skills up. =)

Darkonix said:
wow, I didnt know we had SOTW!! wow wow wee wow. I guess I join next weeks SOTW. Woot I better get my PS skills up. =)

Another artist FTW!!!

@Close, the sig is good, the bg is good, but the render doesn't match it, if I were you I wouldn't had chosen that render IMO.

Last edited:
Close said:
My first "dark" sig:

residentevil4ec7.png

C&C please :) ?
Looks alright, but I thin the background is a tad plain and you might want to add some sort of color balance layer to even up the background with the render.

C&C means "comments and criticism".

Boom shaka laka there she is we got her i got a lil didder rite here! little brothers in arms action!

brothersboratcopy0gd.gif

btw borat is the name i use on my design site!

P.S, I've been here every day :] I just don't always post, do a bita PM'ing too. For starts, Bubba was also another one working with this shizz. Part B : the help is obviously appreciated, and I thank you guys for that. It's just if people start seeing different peoples taking control of the whole SOTW, random noobies are gonna start thinking they can start making the threads and such, with chances of multiple threads excetera - it's just easy to get out of hand. We agreed to do the work, for you guys to have fun, though I've noticed you guys seemed to be workaholics :], and love helping peeps out. Appreciated again, but sit back, relax, and enjoy. Wiired out. (any other problems, PM myself or Gym :])

Edit : Also, I chose videogames 'cause Close liked the idea, and before when Sport was chose, if I had won and said 'Snooker' I could guarantee I'd be the only one entering :] therefore, the wider the topic, the more entries IMO, and also people can base in on there fave characters :] Wiired out numero 2.

Wiired said:
P.S, I've been here every day :] I just don't always post, do a bita PM'ing too. For starts, Bubba was also another one working with this shizz. Part B : the help is obviously appreciated, and I thank you guys for that. It's just if people start seeing different peoples taking control of the whole SOTW, random noobies are gonna start thinking they can start making the threads and such, with chances of multiple threads excetera - it's just easy to get out of hand. We agreed to do the work, for you guys to have fun, though I've noticed you guys seemed to be workaholics :], and love helping peeps out. Appreciated again, but sit back, relax, and enjoy. Wiired out. (any other problems, PM myself or Gym :])

Edit : Also, I chose videogames 'cause Close liked the idea, and before when Sport was chose, if I had won and said 'Snooker' I could guarantee I'd be the only one entering :] therefore, the wider the topic, the more entries IMO, and also people can base in on there fave characters :] Wiired out numero 2.

Excuse me.

Your not the only snooker lover remember. . .:lol:

Different design/tutorial used...

H3SOTW.jpg

Sig Posted Above..

SoTw5-1.jpg

Now to decide which one to use..

i like the new one. I am always attracted to color though.. should have kept it black/green (I am assuming the render was green)

Also, refresh my memory on what prog you're using and what site you get tuts on.

I'm using Photoshop CS2 9.0

As for tutorials I randomly search tutorials that fit what I'm interested in making. So its not just one site.

As for the render it was originally tan.

I've used that site in the past for some tutorials however I prefer to either use deviant art or to just search google.

I haven't used much of deviant art's tutorials, but I have downloaded a lot of brushes from there.

i used to go to ChaosGFX but that site got hacked or someone took it down but now i jus do a lil bit of my own style and dont use tuts to much anymore

Back