Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
sotwlw5nz5.gif

Rules:

* Unlimited number of participants
* Only 1 entry per person
* 1 week entry deadline (Due in Sunday at 11.59pm - any sigs applied after that will not be entered)
* 1 week voting period (doubles as week for new entries into next contest to maintain a current SOTW)
* Must be relevant to given topic (if not, it will not be entered)
* Must be an original work made within the given week
* The sig DOES NOT have to fit this forum's sig limits, it can be as big as needed

The topic for this week is:

[TECH]

By tech, it is meant that either a render may be used that could go by the definition of 'tech' (we leave it up to your honor to be the judge), brushes that are tech (there are actual brush packs labeled 'tech'), or just anything that looks like 'tech' to you.

I know it was said that no one else is supposed to post the SOTW threads except 'The Committee' (in fact, I have no clue if i'm in it or not), but I didn't want to have to wait till Tuesday or beyond to start this thing....so ya.

Have fun and be creative GFX artists!

Last edited:
It's okay, I was just about to post this anyway. And "tech" sounds like a fine, open-ended topic to me.

Gymdawg said:
It's okay, I was just about to post this anyway. And "tech" sounds like a fine, open-ended topic to me.
Ahh, good, Gym's approval. :]

Good to have.

Yea, I'm a fan of the topic that allow for a wide range of artist interpretation.
That's why I'll always prefer things like "tech" or "emotion" to "basketball" or "Mario".

Gymdawg said:
Yea, I'm a fan of the topic that allow for a wide range of artist interpretation.
That's why I'll always prefer things like "tech" or "emotion" to "basketball" or "Mario".
Same, tis the reason for "Have fun and be creative GFX artists!", it's such a broad subject, there's no need to really limit yourself too much and suppress that creativity. :]

*EDIT*

Is it cool if I add this rule? Just so it prevents further confusion:

"* The sig DOES NOT have to fit this forum's sig limits, it can be as big as needed"

meh, not really into techy things.....would my past entry be sort-of in that category???? oh my.

lol @ "I was about to post this anyway"..... Didn't I get a lecture on SOTW confusion just last week? :lol: Whatever, it didn't happen yet.

Brawny said:
meh, not really into techy things.....would my past entry be sort-of in that category???? oh my.
Yes, actually. It would. :]

Too bad you have to make an entirely new one from scratch for each SOTW...

lol, obviously I'd make a new one....and it seems the general community doesn't like my entry as much as I do.... My "best work ever" and I'm in fourth. I won a SOTW on a horrible one...but I digress.....very much so

Brawny said:
lol, obviously I'd make a new one....and it seems the general community doesn't like my entry as much as I do.... My "best work ever" and I'm in fourth. I won a SOTW on a horrible one...but I digress.....very much so
I like your sig, it's very good. :]

Btw...*cough*gmail*cough*

I like it except for "tech" do we really have to put text in it?

Edit: i'm getting a NO from tyler. You heard the man

Last edited:
Nope, no need. Totally optional. Just make it techalicious. :]

Close said:
here is my sig, so far :

techpngvl7.png

:yikes: That looks frickin awesome. Im going to get started on mine in the morning, going to bed here in a few. Im really new at this "tech" stuff, hope it turns out ok.:sick:

Close said:
here is my sig, so far :

techpngvl7.png

Great :]

I like those little tech texts with the blue colors in the bg, looks really good, the render looks good too. But there's some things you might wanna change, the "Close" text should be in the left top corner, the "Tech" text is not necessary, and the overlayed border isn't good, just make it simple :)

ssbb_lover said:
Gymdawg said:

Same, tis the reason for "Have fun and be creative GFX artists!", it's such a broad subject, there's no need to really limit yourself too much and suppress that creativity. :]

*EDIT*

Is it cool if I add this rule? Just so it prevents further confusion:

"* The sig DOES NOT have to fit this forum's sig limits, it can be as big as needed"

Hmm, yes it can a good idea, but don't make huge sigs, that would surely get newbies attentions :lol:... :scared:

Back