Soul Calibur Legends: max popularity!!

lenitao3

Pswii or Wii360 ???
Dec 7, 2006
I don't know if you have noticed but SoulCalibur Legends is getting a very popular game!! (which is good)

- gaming sites reviews average: about 6.0
- gamers reviews average: about 8.8
- lauch sales in USA : 48,761 (from vgchartz.com)
- number 1 popular wii game on www.ign.com!!
- number 4 most popular game!! (halo3 is 3rd!!)
- number 8 best wii game on www.gamestats.com!!
- 93.4% popularity!!
- number 6 best wii game on www.gamespot.com!!
- number 34 best game of all
- number 2 best wii game on www.1up.com
- number 2 best action game
- number 10 best game

i think that all this is pretty good!! Namco Bandai is doing great job on promoting the game!!

also...even if the official reviews are not so good, it seems that people love the game!! it seems that it will sell relatively well!!

what do you think??

soul_calibur.jpg

This game was on my buy list, but I have taken it off after watching some gameplay videos. I was really interested in the co-op play, which is the main reason why I still might pick it up at some point.

The fighting just looked too simple, with a limited variety of moves. Which isn't necessarily bad in a hack/slash-like game, but I feel it's missing other things that would have made up for the simplistic combat as I saw it.

i think the gameplay and variety of moves is one of the factors that make the game so popular... :)

I'm a huge Soul Calibur fan. I came across Soul Edge in the arcades and blew a whole lot of quarters on it many moons ago. One of the reasons I bought my Wii was so I could play SCII.

Whatever this game is, it isn't the Soul Calibur I love. I'm thrilled that the Wii gets something exclusive, and I do kind of hope it succeeds, but what I really want is SCIV. Have fun with it though, and feel free to post your own review when you get it.

it does look great, kinda questioning the fact that it has a different game play. from what you think, does this game feel ilke the last few soul caliber games and have the same moes?

yeap, it seems great to me!! the moves are more or less the same (but there are some new ones)....

only bad is that it only has 7 characters...... (not bad if you think it's an rpg and not a fghting game)

i really enjoyed SoulCalibur 2 as well (game cube version is the best)!!! (and sc3)

also, i can see that namco is doing great at promoting the game (at least), and the sales of the game might force namco to bring more sc games to wii!!
(there are still some chances for sc4 wii, since there are no official announcements - but not many hopes)

lenitao3 said:
yeap, it seems great to me!! the moves are more or less the same (but there are some new ones)....

only bad is that it only has 7 characters...... (not bad if you think it's an rpg and not a fghting game)

i really enjoyed SoulCalibur 2 as well (game cube version is the best)!!! (and sc3)

also, i can see that namco is doing great at promoting the game (at least), and the sales of the game might force namco to bring more sc games to wii!!
(there are still some chances for sc4 wii, since there are no official announcements - but not many hopes)
You are so right lenitao! In fact (not that this isn't a great game) I think Soulcalibur legends was mostly an experiment to see how well the Wii crowd responds to Soulcalibur games...and with it's amazing sales numbers (Almost 500,000 units!!!!) we will definitely be seeing more Soulcalibur games on the Wii, hoprfully another exclusive, that would be awesome.

i agree!! wii has sold about 600, 000 in 1 week, if this continues untill christmas (it will increase actually) wii will get even futher up in sales!!

as namco always prefer most selling systems for their games:

like digimon, only for ds and ps2

there are high chances for another sc game for wii!!

there are also rumors for sc for nintendo ds, althought sc must be better on home consoles... ;)

is this similar to devil may cry 2? like you know how everyone hated DMC2 because it was like hack and slash through X enemys then a huge boss? I loved it. is SCL like that or what?

soul calibur legends is mostly about a journey of the characters, which join up forces to save the country, compared with many different missions, unlocking swords, moves, more colors for players cloths and so on.....

a summary if the story (as far as i know):

Story starts when Cervantes (old pirate) finds soul edge, evil from soul egde sword covers the world and Cervantes gets evil!!
Then, evil monsters attack to take control over humans, sigfried visits the king of germany, and join up with Iska to defeat some enemies. Next, Siegfried gets on Cervente's ship to destroy Soul Edge, but he is affected by Nightmare soul in the sword and he takes Soul Edge.....to get stronger....
Then, they meet Ivy and join forces....and then.....i don't know.... but it sounds interesting!!! :)

Dzapper said:
You are so right lenitao! In fact (not that this isn't a great game) I think Soulcalibur legends was mostly an experiment to see how well the Wii crowd responds to Soulcalibur games...and with it's amazing sales numbers (Almost 500,000 units!!!!) we will definitely be seeing more Soulcalibur games on the Wii, hoprfully another exclusive, that would be awesome.

You're saying SCL sold ~500k? Got a reference?

Wiinter said:
You're saying SCL sold ~500k? Got a reference?

he mayby talking about wii weekly sales...

sc legends sold 50, 000 at launch(USA), that's all known for now.....it's been out for less than a week!!

ok, for launch sales it's quite good,numbers are like sc2 and sc3!!
so probably, it will sell more than 1 million!!

Last edited:
Could be. Or maybe he just hit zero too many times. No worries.

Well, he could be right about one thing. If it does well, more SC might make it's way here. They might port over SCIV, and that would be fantastic.

Back