Soul Calibur - Legends

Hopefully they have 1:1 movement with the wiimote, as in, not zelda style swinging but rather you hold the wiimote behind you, and the weapon is behind you. I love the soul calibur games and I would hate to see it ruined by being tacky with the controller. Also I still hope they have a standard soul calibur 1v1 fighting mode.

Flagel said:
Hopefully they have 1:1 movement with the wiimote, as in, not zelda style swinging but rather you hold the wiimote behind you, and the weapon is behind you.
I think it'll be a combo of both tbh...some moves bust you into a 1:1 stance, e.g. after a combo Ivys sword breaks into whip mode which is 1:1 and can be swing for a period of time to rack up insane combos that are based on your style.

The Zelda styled swinging will probably be present too, but way more in depth by using nunchuck/direction/button combos in order to pull of some of the characters moves.

At least thats what I want :D

Any word on whether or not Link will be in this edition? I always used him in SC2...

I'm not about to get excited, sorry.

Last time Namco did something like this, we got the Death By Degrees game.

Yeah, but Soul Calibur is way better than Tekken, so its already better by proxy.

Jay61 said:
Yeah, but Soul Calibur is way better than Tekken, so its already better by proxy.

I agree, Soul Calibur kicks Tekken's ass...but I'm still not convinced this game will be good.

The Soul Calibur series is a great series and like every new fighting game that comes out it has new characters. Plus I hope its online cause I hope to face some friends in it.

Hyrulian Knight of Legend said:
The Soul Calibur series is a great series and like every new fighting game that comes out it has new characters. Plus I hope its online cause I hope to face some friends in it.

It doesn't seem like it would have online....but I guess I can't be too sure.

Just incase you didn't know, this isn't a fighting game like the past ones. It's a whole new adventure as far as we know....but it would be totally awesome if the adventure was really just an add on and its focus was on fighting.

But yeah, it would be awesome if a Soul Calibur fighting game had online. My only concern about online for a traditional SC is that glitches and cheap techniques may get exploited, but hell DOA works online so there's always hope.

Last edited:
it looks like a beat em up to me which are fun so i am excited... i don't think we should focus on death by degrees to much cause that focused on one character and had a dumb story line that was supposed to tie in with her and the controls and camera were horrible i feel like that game was just rushed and didn't have a lot of money for production but since this is the next soul calibur then it should get the money it needs. but then again i could be wrong and it could suck i just really hope it doesn't

The site wont load for me =(. Buuuut, I still havent played SC2, I would really love a revamped MvsC3 or something, 2d chars, 3d world, somethin funky lol.

Couldnt you create chars in SC2?

you're really starting to piss me off Wii-Bhoy this would be awesome if it is more than a walk through rooms and kill everyone to advance

Back