Sound doesn't play on the Wiimote sometimes

Doc OC

WiiChat Member
Dec 23, 2006
When using the wiimote for anything, the speaker would stop playing sounds for no reason. I check the volume but turning it up or down doesn't help. The sounds would only show half way then cut off. The batteries are fully charged in the Wiimote and they have not been changed recently, nor are any mobile/cell phones nearby. Would some faulty wiring inside the Wiimote be the case and would I be able to get a replacement or have it repaired?

No, I think all wiimotes do this sometimes. I've heard from many people about this happening. Hopefully Nintendo will SOMEHOW fix it.

Hmm,

Would this be a software or hardware problem and is anyone else having this problem?

i have this problem to i just turn the sound off

i get a choppy sound sometimes from the wiimote. but i just turn the sound down in the wiimote options and the problem more or less goes away

Happens to me sometimes too, my guess is interference with Bluetooth or something like that. It usually only happens for a second or two, then the sound is normal again. Could be anything really.

I think al wii remotes do this but the wii speaker sounds so bad on most games that sometimes you dont even want to hear the whole thing.

I haven't had it stop, but I have had choppy noises coming from it. I turn the volume down and it stops.

I think thats what he means though ronin also is your signature Sora from kingdom hearts in the nightmare before christmas level?

Well, for me, it happens at any time, with any game; including the Internet Channel. It could be working at one time then all of a sudden stop for any approximate amount of time. No crackling, some cutting, mostly no sounds. It doesn't even matter if I turn up or down on the volume since it just doesn't produce sound.

The sound quality on the Wiimote is so bad that I just turn it off... I would imagine that this helps the batteries last longer too!

Back