SPLINTER CELL: DA I bought it, here's my take

Drifterwitnoname

Wii Fanatic
Nov 22, 2006
Orlando, Florida
I have played Splinter Cell games for the computer so I thought I try out DA for the wii. You do your aim/way you walk with your Wiimote so it takes some getting use to. Your nunchuck acts as jump, back to wall, or slinging your gun to different shoulders i.e for cameras around corners. Gameplay is very fun, only on the second level and your choices you make determine the end story line. I recommend it if you like the other splinter cell series.

Drifterwitnoname said:
uh not really, only flaw I see is the lack in gun detail, but thats to be expected as in you didnt buy the Wii for the graphics :smilewinkgrin:
I didn't buyt he wii for n64 graphics. The screenshots look terrible on Gamespot... but that's all I've really seen.

well when you bought the Wii you should have known games werent going to jump out of the screen at you. The gameplays amazing, so what if the graphics dont compare to the lawn mower sounding PS3/360. Its fun, its why you bought the Wii...FUN...

Although the Wii is about fun, you can't help but think that programmers could have made the game look nicer because the wii is actually more powerful than the gamecube, but so far if u only look at screenshots, it doesn't show.

I must admit I am not impressed by the graphics either and I do think they could have done a much better job on them, however considering all I've been hearing from people is that the game play is superb and its worth the buy, I will be definitely getting it.

One thing to remember though is SCDA, like a lot of other Wii games at the moment does seem to be a 'quick port' where developers have decided to release a game on the Wii, modified the controls and not really cared or taken time for anything else. I don't think any game out at the moment has fully taken advantage of what the Wii is capable of. Hopefully we will see some better looking games in the future and not more 'quick ports' where they haven't been optimized for the Wii.

Andrakis_Scarr said:
I must admit I am not impressed by the graphics either and I do think they could have done a much better job on them, however considering all I've been hearing from people is that the game play is superb and its worth the buy, I will be definitely getting it.

One thing to remember though is SCDA, like a lot of other Wii games at the moment does seem to be a 'quick port' where developers have decided to release a game on the Wii, modified the controls and not really cared or taken time for anything else. I don't think any game out at the moment has fully taken advantage of what the Wii is capable of. Hopefully we will see some better looking games in the future and not more 'quick ports' where they haven't been optimized for the Wii.

Exactly, I mean its splintercell...think of the wiimote possibilities. The game is still fun though

hey

@Andrakis_Scarr: I would agree.

Athough I can't say for sure, as I have not seen any Nintendo Wii games in action (and I think this is a very important thing todo), but I tend to think maybe the devs arn't putting enough effort into the graphics (especially after hearing the xbox port of farcry has crisper graphics than the wii port, but I also heard the wii port has a better viewing distance, so I dunno). But yea, these games all seem to have been quickly ported, I think the term cashin games may suit them well :p. Hmm, maybe these games are still cool and fun to play or whatever, I have no idea... but it's nice to see some people liking them :).

But yea, until you have seen any Nintendo Wii games in action yourself, then it's probably best to take a step back, as I think some peoples expectation and perception of graphics is different to others.

cyas

Last edited:
Back