Splinter Cell, Whats Good?

Nov 27, 2006
New York
Wii Online Code
4006-5435-1196-5417
As the Title Goes is this game Good for the Wii or not?
I heard it wasnt even that good of a game over all but I'm a Huge Splinter Cell Fan. So what can you Guys tell me?

~Sin~

The Gameplay looks Normal for the Wii so I want to know is there any downsides to this game.

I too am a huge splinter cell fan (as you can tell by the sig. :yesnod: ) I have SCDA pre-ordered for the Aussie launch. I was going to get the PC version, but didn't what to spend money upgrading my X800XL card a some cheap and affordable sm3.0 card that probably preforms less (I'll wait till it gets to the bargain bin and by then I should be able to run it).

I've had a look into and from what I found the Wii build is completely different from the XBOX360 & PC versions of the game. The Wii is based on the PS2 build which although shares the same main plot line tells the story very differently. You still have all the basics in there, such as the new HUD, trust meter, etc. But some things have evidently gone - some new animations & daylight missions (not 100% sure on that though).

The storyline on the Wii/PS2 is supposed to be better than on the 360/PC with a more in-depth plot.

Graphically, Wii is supposed to be better than the PS2 version (and MUCH better than the Gamecube ) but don't expect anything on the level of SM3.0. Properly more like SCCT I imagine running without it.

Multiplayer component has also been reworked. Wii doesn't have the Spies vs. Mercs, but will instead feature about a dozen COOP levels which you can play split screen or online (when that happens).

All in all, I am personally looking forward to this release over the others.

Here are some links that you may find useful:

GAMESPOT (Has some in game videos too as well): Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent Wii Hands-On - Wii News at GameSpot

Official UBISOFT page for Australia: Ubisoft - Splinter Cell Double Agent

Last edited:
i have it for my ps2.....its quite cool actually exspecially the l8er levels into the game........so i dont think they wud change that much for the wii

LukasJr said:
i have it for my ps2.....its quite cool actually exspecially the l8er levels into the game........so i dont think they wud change that much for the wii

Hey LukasJr, have they dropped the daylight missions in the PS2 version? That was one point I wasn't sure on. Keep hearing different things from various sources.

Back