Spore: More for the PC or More for the Wii?

Essence

Your Chocolate Lady Gamer
Sep 12, 2007
NC,USA
Wii Online Code
3379-0790-9079-0187
I got into a HUGE, NASTY, debate over this. This person insisted that the PC will have more into it than the Wii version, thinking they will *dumb* it down and chop it up for that it can fit for the wii. What do you all think? Will the wii version have more to offer gameplay wise, or will the PC be the ULTIMATE "BIG DADDY" with more features and such to offer?:wtf:

Considering size capacity...
I don't think they'll be the same.
The Wii might be dumbed down, by the online feature spore posseses..
Maybe less exploration (i.e. Galaxy travel)
But the Character evolution, and home planet will be very similar..
Its the base of the game afterall.
Options for stuff might be "dumbed" down too...

Thats just my prediction

All the character and building creation will most likely be the same. Remember, it's not just anyone making the game, it's Will Wright! He won't let you down. Gameplay wise should be about the same but the extras like online and such might be removed or toned down.

Right! Thats all understandable. But, the person I was debating this with just refused to believe that with the new wii coming out...and the fact that the game may come out for it in 2yrs, he refuses to believe that a new version of wii, which is possible in the next yrs, will not be able to handle the game. I was simply saying that its possible to give the wii a complete revamp of higher compacity of game play and graphics and memory handling and therefore can take on Spore..or any other game for that matter, is ALL of its glory. But, he simply kept saying how impossible that would be. I dont believe that.

PC versions are usually bigger. Consoles are limited in their specific hardware setup. PCs can get new video cards. Not to mentiont hat PC versions always have user-created content available.

Doom 3 on Xbox is a fine example. They cut the detail down a bit and you can forget ever playing user levels on it.

But, even Will can change him mind...and actually..or POSSIBLY make the game play better for the wii since its going to be a while before it comes out, right? I'm not saying the PC version is be wack, but this whole debate started when I said that I would get the pc version and the wii version, but that I would rather play the wii version. The person acted as if I shot them when I said that...

Essence said:
Right! Thats all understandable. But, the person I was debating this with just refused to believe that with the new wii coming out...and the fact that the game may come out for it in 2yrs, he refuses to believe that a new version of wii, which is possible in the next yrs, will not be able to handle the game. y kept sayiI was simply saying that its possible to give the wii a complete revamp of higher compacity of game play and graphics and memory handling and therefore can take on Spore.that.

I think you're a bit hypocritical here. In that matter of time the Pc will have a lot of new upgrades as well. The wii wont be the only who upgraded and thus the pc can play an even bigger version of spore than the new wii ;)

The pc will always have bigger or faster games than the consoles. I think Spore will have a lot more functions on pc. I really hope my laptop likes spore as much as I do. If not Im serieusly thinking of buying a new pc that can play spore :)

But the game is in development for like 2 years so Im hoping the specs wont be that high.

On the wii version: I think they maybe leave out the space face and the online function ( get player made content ) Or maybe shrink the galaxy to a more playable size. The pc version galaxy cant be discovered in a human lifetime. YES! Its that big!

cyberzomby said:
I think you're a bit hypocritical here. In that matter of time the Pc will have a lot of new upgrades as well. The wii wont be the only who upgraded and thus the pc can play an even bigger version of spore than the new wii ;)

The pc will always have bigger or faster games than the consoles. I think Spore will have a lot more functions on pc. I really hope my laptop likes spore as much as I do. If not Im serieusly thinking of buying a new pc that can play spore :)

But the game is in development for like 2 years so Im hoping the specs wont be that high.

On the wii version: I think they maybe leave out the space face and the online function ( get player made content ) Or maybe shrink the galaxy to a more playable size. The pc version galaxy cant be discovered in a human lifetime. YES! Its that big!

You didnt have to go as far as call me hypocrital, Cyber. I was just stating based on experience and what I have observed so far. But, you all know more than me. So, excuse me. That was what the person tried to prove to me. That I was wrong. Well...there ya go.

Hmmm, I would say they will more than likely be the same-ish.

But if I had to pick which one could have more features implemented, I would go with the PC version. Will Wright is a huge PC guy, so I'm basically 100% sure that the PC version would have equal, or more content/functions than the Wii version.

Essence said:
You didnt have to go as far as call me hypocrital, Cyber. I was just stating based on experience and what I have observed so far. But, you all know more than me. So, excuse me. That was what the person tried to prove to me. That I was wrong. Well...there ya go.

Dont take it like that Essence :) I wasnt trying to be mean. I was just calling you that in a friendly argument :) Everything is still cool :lol:

Besides my english is rubbish so I didnt knew hypocrital is a "rude" or "bad" word. Sorry!

I'm pretty sure the only major feature that would be taken out, would be the ability to make user content, and to share it (if there is any of that in this game to begin with). All the stages of evolution will be there, as that's the point of the game. I really don't see them taking out the space portion, for example, because that's one of the major five components. Graphics will obviously be lesser on the Wii version, but that's not really taking any of the meat out of the game.

The DS version will be the one that gets stripped down IMO.

You guys are forgetting that the entire game is procedural. Meaning that EVERYTHING can be defined by a (relatively) small text file. The machine your playing Spore on will create the textures and create the worlds in the Uni, it doesn't have to be saved or stored it can be created on the fly.

Look at it like this, the Spore game (on the DVD) is an engine that takes the text files (or whatever format file Will decides or creates) and displays them. The universe, creatures, landscapes, etc will all be tiny files that tell the various parts of the engine HOW to create an object. So there is no techincal reason why the universe would be any different between the PC and console versions. With that said however, it the various port universes need to be or are kept seperate, then the platform with the largest sales will have the largest (and therefore most feature complete) universe.

So as far as features between the various systems, I would expect the Wii to have a smaller sight radius and maybe less complex textures and (obviously) lighting/particle effects, but other than that, I would expect the game to be exactly the same.

WIthout a doubt the Wii version will be dumbed down. Wii lacks the hard drive to do the things the PC version is doing.

Budo said:
I'm pretty sure the only major feature that would be taken out, would be the ability to make user content, and to share it (if there is any of that in this game to begin with). All the stages of evolution will be there, as that's the point of the game. I really don't see them taking out the space portion, for example, because that's one of the major five components. Graphics will obviously be lesser on the Wii version, but that's not really taking any of the meat out of the game.

The DS version will be the one that gets stripped down IMO.
That is exactly what I think as well. I am sure that the Wii is just as capable of handling this game as any PC.

Back