Sports games?

gonnagetmeawii

WiiChat Member
Jan 16, 2007
What sports games can we expect for the Wii? NCAA Football/Basketball? MVP Baseball? I know Tiger Woods and NBA Live are coming out. What about Fifa? or a Pro Tennis game? Is 2K sports going to release some of their games? I'd really like to see NCAA Football come back to Nintendo. Madden seems to be a pretty big success, so I'd think NCAA woud have similar success on the Wii.

i will pray a decent baseball game comes out, otherwise i will have to buy an xbox :-(

linycvoy said:
i will pray a decent baseball game comes out, otherwise i will have to buy an xbox :-(

EA sports would be retarded not to get make MVP Baseball for the Wii. Topspin Tennis or another pro tennis game would be perfect for Wii also, as would, as the above poster said, Lacrosse. Hockey is another game that makes sense for the Wii. I'd really like to see College Football/Basketball for Wii also, but EA never came out w/ college bball for GC and stopped making college football for GC, so I'm hoping those come to Wii.

gonnagetmeawii said:
EA sports would be retarded not to get make MVP Baseball for the Wii. Topspin Tennis or another pro tennis game would be perfect for Wii also, as would, as the above poster said, Lacrosse. Hockey is another game that makes sense for the Wii. I'd really like to see College Football/Basketball for Wii also, but EA never came out w/ college bball for GC and stopped making college football for GC, so I'm hoping those come to Wii.

Actually, MVP lost their MLB licence, hence the College MVP last year. The only maker of baseball games with MLB players in it is that Y2K Game... I didnt even bother buying it last year, as MVP was supieror to it (even if it was a year older)...

One of the main developers of the MVP baseball games moved over to the Y2K team, so i hope to see some improvments there. (REALISTIC!)

I have every NCAA football game in the series, except the very early ones that were only on PS1 (if I recall correctly). I'm praying they bring '08 to the Wii. I bought an Xbox just because they didn't have '06 (or was it '05?) on the GameCube.

Make it happen EA... (and GO DAWGS!)

they should make a football (soccer) game. i heard they are gonna put Pro Evo 7 on the Wii, and i think FIFA 07 was cancelled for the wii, probably cos they couldnt get the controls right for it.

I have only two requests which will probably never be fufilled

Kendo
Table Tennis or Prince of Tennis

It'd be amazing if konami brought out table tennis for it. In my opinion it was one of the most impressive games I played for the 360.

Konami Football is confirmed, working title but we all know what that's going to be :lol:

I can't wait for that as I expected to have to buy a PS3 to get my Pro Evo dosage - a great bit of news there (although I'd presume it'll use the controller in a normal way and have a few mini games like penalty shoot outs where you have to be the keeper or skills challenges where you need to dribble round cones and stuff).

Wii Soccer

phoenix07 said:
(although I'd presume it'll use the controller in a normal way and have a few mini games like penalty shoot outs where you have to be the keeper or skills challenges where you need to dribble round cones and stuff).
Could always strap the wiimote to your foot. Or they could make a Wii-mote shoe, I mean. They've already got controller gloves

How much better would NCAA football be on the Wii? You could use the wii-mote to pitch the ball on the option, or run the zone read/read option. It would make the game much more fun.

Back