Spyro to debut on Wii in the Autumn

Rob Rymond

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2007
Solihull, U.K
[xfloat=left]http://www.wiichat.com/robry/spyro.jpg[/xfloat]Blimey, we thought our favourite dragon had gone to heaven, but Spyro will return in a brand new game later this year.

The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night will be the latest installment in the popular franchise which began life on the PlayStation. This time around however a Wii version is in development.

10.129.252.29-image24.jpg10.129.252.29-image121.jpg

The legend continues in the second installment of The Legend of Spyro trilogy with the Ape King arriving at the Temple of Souls in an effort to usher in a new age of darkness. As Spyro, players must unlock the secrets behind a series of strange visions that he is having and find the power to defeat this terrifying new force.

10.129.252.29-image193.jpgshot_05.jpg

Once again leading Hollywood actors are lending there voices for the game including Elijah Wood (Frodo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings trilogy) as Spyro and Gary Oldman (Sirius Black from the Harry Potter films) as Ignitus, the Fire Dragon Elder and Spyro’s mentor.

shot_08.jpg

Spyro has some new abilities to show off as well now including four new upgradable Breath Attacks such as the Ice Bomb, Electric Orb, Earth Vine and Enhanced Fire, four new elemenetal melle moves and four fury attacks. All of the abilities are based around Ice, Electic, Fire and Earth.

We're also promised some explosive boss battles which will no doubt test your patience. More on the game in the coming months.

That's lame Sierra took all of Sony's Previous Exclusives and released them on other platforms. First it was Crash Bandicoot and now this. I think I will avoid this, when Sierra started publishing the new Crash Bandicoots they weren't as good.

i hope spyro and crash are in smash bros they would be very good, then the memory of spyro would live on

I remember Spyro, that blue dragon. I never really understood the plots but this game looks like it should come out decent.

Yawn... The reason for changing platforms is that all the kids playing PS1 grew up. A new age of children are playing Nintendo. My mum likes/liked Spyro. It was a charming game really. I did too. I like the GC installments alright. I never liked Crash Bandicoot tho.....ever.

Crash Bandicoot rocked until The Wrath of Cortex and it sold so many copies that Sony bought the developer who developed it from the company that made it. (Naughty Dog).

@smashfan
i hope there not it would make the game S++T just like if you add sonic it would be crap

unfortunately i have never liked spyro too terribly much...i mean....i LOVED to play it when i was a kid u know...(go the the rich guys house across the street) if u know what i mean. it was like a treat to play spyro in those days, but this just doesn't catch my attention...i'm saving my money for some worth while games....

I had Spyro for the PS. It was quite a good game, and dare I say some levels had a few tricky bits! I enjoyed it but won't be purchasing it again. I'm sure it will do well though.

Man i used to love spyro on PS1. I hope it lives up to its expectations on Wii :). Who says spyros in heaven lol JKing.

I am a spyro fan. I did NOT enjoy the first 3 games from Sierra...but they seem to be making up for it. The Legend of Spyro is quite different than the original "Spyro the Dragon". They are doing a reboot of the series...and it's actually taken on a sort of Zelda-ish feel to it.

I think i'd be cool to make the controls like Zelda: TP for Wii. Have the pointer (wii remote) be the fairy (in this case, Sparx the dragonfly). Have special attacks where you shake the Wiimote quickly, etc.

I'm going to get this game. A New Beginning impressed me (besides the fact it was so short), and I expect more from this game.

EDIT: One more thing, the music in this series ROCKS!

Last edited:
Get over all your negative comments. This ONE game will get heaps of the younger market playing the Wii..

its a hell of a lot better than Sony's Parappa the rapper!!!

Back