Square-Enix games on the Wii?

kitsune_B

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2007
So far all I see is Act-Raiser... where's Chrono Trigger (released officially in the US, so there's no excuse for not having it), Secret of Mana (the first one, which was released officially in the USA), Seiken Densetsu 3 (what would've been SoM2 if Square had been smart and let us have it over here), Tales of Phantasia (there was already a GBA port, but the SNES version was better), Illusion of Gaia (Enix game), and Terranigma (also Enix). The VC doesn't even have Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, which was a JOINT VENTURE between Nintendo and Square, or even Secret of Evermore, which was produced by Square's U.S. branch... so what's the dilly, yo? =P

SSBBFan101 said:
dilly yo? wtf?!:wtf:
As in "what's the deal" with them not having anything besides Act-Raiser.
And yeah I realize that Sd3 and ToP were fan-translated Roms, but SoM1
Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG and Secret of Evermore were U.S. releases...

Aye, it would be fantastic if Squeenix supported the VC. I doubt they'd release Seiken Densetsu 3, since I'm not sure they'd use fan translations, and the Final Fantasy series will probably be restricted to DS and GBA rereleases for now. But Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, etc. should be feasible.

Smart-arse nitpick: Tales of Phantasia was a Namco game (although it would still be great to see it on VC).

Napalmbrain said:
I doubt they'd release Seiken Densetsu 3, since I'm not sure they'd use fan translations.

Who says they have to use the fan-translation?
They could just re-do the dialogue themselves, no?

Napalmbrain said:
Smart-arse nitpick: Tales of Phantasia was a Namco game (although it would still be great to see it on VC).

Yes, it was by Wolf Team, and it was one of the best RPG's of the time.
I didn't like the GBA re-make, the english VA's kinda got on my nerves
and they ripped out a perfectly good J-Pop song (yeah, I'm a weaboo).
The PSX version was better graphically, but it didn't make it over here.

Last edited:
These are not small games! It will take time to port them over. However... The fact that they ported BoF2 to the Wii means Nintendo is able to port more SNES RPGs. We are only getting an average of 3 games a week. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

Seiken Densetsu 3 (what would've been Secret of Mana 2, had it gotten an official U.S. release) is one of the best Square RPG's ever... I am sure that if enough people actually COMPLAINED about it not being on the VC, Nintendo would eventually try to get it added. Someone should start some kind of petition for it.

kitsune_B said:
Who says they have to use the fan-translation?
They could just re-do the dialogue themselves, no?

Unfortunately, I don't think they'd go through that trouble just for a VC game, given the lack of interest they've shown in the service. If it were a DS rerelease on the other hand...

The whole reason I liked the idea of the Virtual Console was so I could play the SNES RPG's for cheap. They cost a lot on eBay. They really need Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, and Mario RPG. Right now as far as RPG's go all we have is Landstalker, Breath of Fire 2 and Beyond Oasis. C'mon Nintendo, show your customers some love.

Don't let this thread fall into oblivion, you guys!
Get every RPG fanatic you know to post an opinion here!
I'm pretty sure if ENOUGH fans pitched a fit, Nintendo would listen!

Seiken Densetsu 3 (Som2) was one of the best-looking RPG's on the SNES.
SD3 has a large fan following even though it never saw an official release.
And even if they aren't able to port that one, what about Secret of Mana?

Back