Square-Enix plans DQ remakes!

SixStringedStress

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Square-Enix CEO Yoichi Wada mentioned recently in May that there are plans to release Dragon Quest remakes. Has anyone heard rumors regarding which consoles will recieve the remakes? I am hoping with the hype from Dragon Quest: Swords for the Wii and Dragon Quest: Joker for DS in Japan, the remakes will be found on either Wii or DS.

Whats dragon quest? I've never heard of it. Is it the thing in your avatar?

It's a really cool RPG series, my favorite to be honest, not unlike Final Fantasy. It's the most popular game franchise in Japan too, I heard it's the law over there that a Dragon Quest game must be released on a holiday or weekend because too many people skip school and work to get it. Can you imagine something over in the U.S. to be that popular?

Oh, my avatar is a Manticore from the orignal Final Fantasy, I am an old school NES freak.

This is AWESOME news. My guess is that these games will find their way to handheld systems like DS or PSP much like the final fantasy series

That would rule, I don't have a PSP but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if that's where the remakes end up.

SixStringedStress said:
It's a really cool RPG series, my favorite to be honest, not unlike Final Fantasy. It's the most popular game franchise in Japan too, I heard it's the law over there that a Dragon Quest game must be released on a holiday or weekend because too many people skip school and work to get it. Can you imagine something over in the U.S. to be that popular?

Oh, my avatar is a Manticore from the orignal Final Fantasy, I am an old school NES freak.

LOL that law about when to release is new to me. Made me laugh way to hard.

Yeah unless it comes all packaged then expect I and II on PSP III and IV on DS etc.

firedragon said:
LOL that law about when to release is new to me. Made me laugh way to hard.

Seriously:yesnod:. It's hilarious. However, they are very addicting games.

SixStringedStress said:
That would rule, I don't have a PSP but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if that's where the remakes end up.

You're hardcore!

Yay another DQ fan! I myself am a DQ freak and I am very excited for future games on Nintendo's DS and Wii. Im asuming they'll make it on the PS3. Level 5 designs Dragon Quest (Square Enix publishes it) now days and they are obsessed with Sony so thats my guess. Its almost insulting that people ask what it is....I mean its incredibly huge in Japan...and in America and the UK its hardly noticed. This will change soon considering the amount of new gamers being exposed to it on the Wii and DS.

Back