Square is going to make Wii games now?

WiitnessID

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2007
I mean real games! On DVDs and every thing! not just Wii ware!

Gonintendo.com
http://gonintendo.com/?p=33133#comments
and here also
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226627

WOW
Square-Enix very big on Wii

Square-Enix’s President Yoichi Wada talked to Nikkei, and in the interview he seems to gush on and on about the Wii. First off, he states that the main platforms that Square-Enix is focusing on are the Wii, DS, and PS3. Much of their capital, as well as infrastructure is set up for both Nintendo platforms.

Square-Enix is also taken aback by the runaway success of the Wii. They originally thought that the Wii and PS3 would live side-by-side, but now they say that the platform’s users will determine where Square-Enix goes. So basically, Square-Enix will be following where the money goes.

Lastly, Mr. Wada believes that his team can do a lot more with the Wii than has already been done. He would love to talk with Iwata about his ideas.

Also too VGcharts has the Wii one week away from hitting 20 million sold with like 5+ million in japan along. I guess some thing has to pay for the PS3 bank busters. Man So much for the Wii not having any thing to play for 6 months. If you look back this is almost how the snes got crushed buy the PS1 except the Wii may not get a port of final fantasy 13. Also too SE are FMV kings! It worked back in the day so it will work here also plus too more girls have a Wii rather than a PS3.

Maybe it's just lip service yet that would be weird to do since now people will expect a good showing from them.

Last edited:
That is awesome, I love Square. Since I'm a fan of RPGs, I will love to see some of their stuff coming my way. The only problem with Square is they seem to have a lot of titles released in Japan only :mad5: .

This is the stuff I've been talking about for a while, slowly the 3rd party publishers will be coming over to the Wiiside. Only a matter of time before these companies start releasing some big budget titles for the Wii.

Pretty obvious... its buisness and with all buisness you need money... to get money you have to follow the money... im sure alot more will follow suit soon behind them...

Last edited:
wezeles said:
Pretty obvious... its buisness ad with all buisness you need money... to get money you have to follow the money... im sure alot more will follow suit soon behind them...

I just like to hear all the Sony fanboys keep saying that the Wii will never get any 3rd party games because game developers think its a kiddie system. The problem is the developers don't decide where a game goes, that up to the publishers. And the last time I checked, publishers are greedy :yesnod:

screw final fantasy, i'd like to see legend of dragoon 2!

AoWFraggit said:
screw final fantasy, i'd like to see legend of dragoon 2!

YESSSSSSSS! i am so with you. im trying to find the 1st one for so i can play it on ps3. :yesnod:

that and xenogears would be nice to have on wii...somehow

Er....SE made Dragon Quest Swords for the Wii and released it months ago in Japan (why it's taking so long to come stateside is beyond me). It also announced Crystal Bearers and FF:CC WiiWare months ago.

Regardless, this isn't surprising as SE loves teh greenz.

I saw the trailer of the new final fantasy title coming out to the wii, looks amazing!! =D

What is funny is we may get hardcore titles since the market will be flooded with casual stuff. I expect more companies will follow. A steam punk FF would be just fine to me! With the FF7 style!

yay squeenix, no more ff tactics, now the full thing is happening, maybe an ffvii remake if we're lucky.

I am hoping for an new Einhinder, does anyone remember that SE game because i sure do... I am also looking forward to seeing Illusions of Gaia on the VC ( it was and enix game back before square and enix merged ). This is very exciting news......... If we are lucky we will see Chrono Trigger in some form or fashion.

Dkw0101 said:
yay squeenix, no more ff tactics, now the full thing is happening, maybe an ffvii remake if we're lucky.

Shut up Tactics is amazing Crystal Chronicles is the one that sucks ass.

For 4 generations of gaming I've picked the right consoles and this'll be my 5th.

Dragoon 2, DQ10, KH3, FFTA2, and an action game. All on Wiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: -Hint the fact I just wish that could be

Last edited:
Back