Squirtle useless?

JLU51396

WiiChat Member
Jul 3, 2007
I noticed that Mario's down B was F.L.U.D.D. which is a water pump of some sort (I'm guessing it's from sunshine) and I read that his down B does no damage which makes since, it being water it mostly pushes the enemy away (similar to Bowsers normal B except without doing damage).

So since it does no damage does this mean that Squirtle is useless mostly since most of his moves have to do with water.

BTW... where is the SSBB character discussion thread?

Na, I don't think squirtle is useless in the means of water moves. We currently know that Squirtle can use withdraw and waterfall. Both of which seem to bash into the opponent. That has to do damage.
PS: The character thread got deleted I think. I'm not sure why though.

Have you noticed that Charizard looks very slow and stiff in the screens, IMO.

I think that PT is one of the most interesting characters, I wonder if PT will have one character select screen block thing or three for each pokemon?

Doesn't Sakurai update the site on fridays... if so, he late :lol:

TJgamer said:
Na, I don't think squirtle is useless in the means of water moves. We currently know that Squirtle can use withdraw and waterfall. Both of which seem to bash into the opponent. That has to do damage.
PS: The character thread got deleted I think. I'm not sure why though.

I know why but [STRIKE]he is[/STRIKE] they are watching. :shifty:

No, PT is one character, he's just a 3-in-1. And yeah.... he is late>_>

Edit: watching?! Us.....where?!

I also have a complaint on the site, the america flag symbol used to click to get the american style english site only has 38 stars on it, last time I checked there were 50 states, not 38 :lol:

I wonder if Charizard will be really slow?

Hmm well it does make me think Yuh'know- But i mean, Really im imagineing playing as squirtal in my head, I mean i'm not sure if attacks while he squirts out the water, but i could see it doing some good when it comes to pushing them away, like more as a DEFENCIVE thing

well at least Charizard can glide.
How will the Glide ability work in Brawl?

idn blastoise did damage when he was a pokeball in melee......but it would be kinda weird, if there were basically two of the same moves, but one of them did damage and the other didn't

JLU51396 said:
I also have a complaint on the site, the america flag symbol used to click to get the american style english site only has 38 stars on it, last time I checked there were 50 states, not 38 :lol:
things like this are why the rest of the world hates us.

cant wait to try PT. i like FSA who step outside the brawl mechanic a bit, like for PT the pokemon dialogue box pops up in the bottom, for snake he appears at the front of the screen and stuff. very cool.

mushroomedmario said:
idn blastoise did damage when he was a pokeball in melee......but it would be kinda weird, if there were basically two of the same moves, but one of them did damage and the other didn't

F.L.U.D.D. never really did damage in the original game...it just squirted, usually stunning enemies. And it cleaned, of course.

Squirtle's water attacks have always caused damage, so that Water Gun (bound to be the standard B move) should do damage. After all, there's a reason it's Water Gun.

I wonder more how Charizard's stone attack works...does a stone randomly appear out of nowhere?

Back