SSB not that fun?

Monsteroids said:
I will get killed for this I know, but I only like SF3 and hate all Mortal Kombats. Marvel vs Capcom and Capcom vs SNK are cool.

Agree with this.

As far as Smash is concerned, I like the game more because of the characters then the actual gameplay.

HyPeRsHoCk said:
To be honest, any SSB game is not that good without people. You need people to play multiplayer with, otherwise the game is pretty much useless.

I don't have any friends who play games at all. Maybe a little Wii Sports sometimes. And the online SSBB is so disconnected as most online wii games as there isn't a name or voice to go with the fight. I will give it some more time before sending back but Honestly I have alot more fun with GH and MOHH2 and Galaxy. As for hate... no I don't hate it it just isn't that good to me. Sonic and secret rings now that is a hateful game.

Pantalaimn said:
Sonic and secret rings now that is a hateful game.
Aw, it's not so bad once you mash through the cinematic cut scenes. Those deserve hate (a la Super Paper Mario) but the actual gameplay is kind of trippy.

nickg2894 said:
so basicly this is a ssbb hate thread i don't know whats wrong with kids these days

I definitely agree with you. Finally, someone understands.:yesnod:

i think part of the reason why people like ssb but not other fighting games is partly due to wii fanboism. i'm not saying the gameplay isn't the reason cause it mostly is, but alot of wii fanboys on here want to stay loyal to nintendo. one of my diehard nintendo friends says he hates all racing games except for mk, he hates all shooters except metroid, he hates all sports games that don't have the word mario or wii in it.

This is the "Mario bump" I mentioned in a previous post (previous thread? I've lost track).

Anything with Mario in it gets a huge popularity increase for that reason alone because Nintendo fans don't want to appear a traitor to their #1 mascot.

sremick said:
This is the "Mario bump" I mentioned in a previous post (previous thread? I've lost track).

Anything with Mario in it gets a huge popularity increase for that reason alone because Nintendo fans don't want to appear a traitor to their #1 mascot.

or it could be because this is in the brawl section, which is a really popular section?

Or maybe it's because people are curious how someone could not like brawl?

OR maybe it's because a lot of threads get bumped, and a lot of threads have mario as a topic in them......so it's likely that there are going to be mario topics that get bumped?

mushroomedmario said:
or it could be because this is in the brawl section, which is a really popular section?

Or maybe it's because people are curious how someone could not like brawl?

OR maybe it's because a lot of threads get bumped, and a lot of threads have mario as a topic in them......so it's likely that there are going to be mario topics that get bumped?
We're not talking about this thread or even Wiichat in-particular. We're talking the general popularity of SSBB.

I'm pretty sure SSBB's fanbase isn't restricted to this thread.

sremick said:

Not necessarily. It could very well be that the games with Mario just happen to be more fun, more easily accessible, higher quality, and so forth. I'm willing to put my money on that versus some black box, conspiratory "Mario Bump" reason.

And it seems to ring true. Not only in that most games that include Mario tend to be quite different than other similar games (e.g., Mario Kart versus any other racing game, SSBB versus Street Fighter), but also that they're generally much more accessible and generally simpler with a short learning curve. And do we even need to discuss quality?

So, to me, it has very little to do with the presence of Mario (or any particular character) in the game, but rather the unique qualities of the game that make it different from other quasi-similar games in the respective genre.

That's not to say that having Mario in the title doesn't help move games off the shelf a bit, but Mario's simple presence likely has little if any effect on the perceived quality of the game

sremick said:

Or it could be that we... oh dare I say it... LIKE the game. *gasp*

^ I came here to see arguments personally. :lol:

the only plausible explanation for not liking a smash game would be that you totally suck nards at it :yesnod:

AoWFraggit said:
the only plausible explanation for not liking a smash game would be that you totally suck nards at it :yesnod:

lol exactly! It's the same people that are good at Need for Speed but get there butts handed to them by some 7 year old girl at Mario Kart...

They play it off as a bad game because it doesn't fit into the small box of games they accel at, so they don't think highly of it.

Back