Wii Online Code
5312-7293-3513-9932
as you already know there are 4 different control types for ssbb:
-classic controller.
-wiimote (turned on its side)
-wiimote and nunchuck combination
-and, the gamecube controller
source: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various01.html

at the nintendo media summit they explained how you can customise the control settings so that you can place the buttons anywhere you want them to be on the controller you are using.
personally i dont think i would be able to use the gamecube controller for the most anticipated wii game because for me it just wouldnt feel right, as the wiimote is the main attribute for the wii. apparently the wiimote (turned on its side) is good (they said at the nintendo media summit) but i dont think it would feel right playing with a d-pad instead of an analogue stick, especially on a game like super smash bros, so personally i think that i will be using the wiimote and nunchuck combination ( decided after finding out that you can customise the controls how you want)
this will be my setup:
-B: special moves
-A: normal moves
-Z: block
-c: jump (i cant get the hang of using up to jump :p)
-analogue on nunchick: move around (obviously)
-D pad (on wiimote): final smash
-plus button: taunt
-1: pause game

what control type do you think willl best suit you and why?

Last edited:
controls=same as melee, with cube controller

that's the way i'm going....although i might try the wiimote + nunchuck, and if i do i would use the same controls you listed above

....wiiiiiii..... said:
as the wiimote is the main attribute for the wii. apparently the wiimote (turned on its side) is good (they said at the nintendo media summit) but i dont think it would feel right playing with a d-pad instead of an analogue stick, especially on a game like super smash bros, so personally i think that i will be using the wiimote and nunchuck combination ( decided after finding out that you can customise the controls how you want)
this will be my setup:

Who said you have to use the directionl pad? Couldnt they make it so you could tilt the controller left or right or lift it up to move?
Hmmm lots of possibilities.

I'm only using the Gamecube Controller because Miyamoto himself said it was the best control feature for the game

All the same as with the gamecube, as thats how I've learnt to play it, and, it works. I don't like the wiimote sideways because you it hasn't got an analogue stick to make running/walking/slow walking easy. And it doesn't have buttons which are easily enough accesible. I want grabbing to have its own button, used for throwing as well, and pressing - or + is hard. I might try the nunchuk though, should be easy enough.

So either
Gamecube controller, Melee controls

OR

Nunchuk+wiimote
Moving: analogue stick
Jumping: up on analogue stick
Basic+smash attacks: A
Special attacks: B
Shielding: Z
grabbing/throwing: c
Taunting: D-pad
Pause: +/-

i would use the classic controller and set it like this

Anolog stick move

B Special moves
Y normal moves
X jump
R Block
D pad final smash
+ pause
- Taunt

I chose this because its very similar to gamecube controls in ssbm.
if you have a classic controller i recomend trying this out, or at least looking at what it looks like.

I think im going to rock the Wii remote and joystick just to change things up a bit.

can somone tell me what the classic controller is like and how much it costs, i think ime sticking to the wiimotenuchick combo but the classic controller would be wya cheaper.. do you think it owuld be good for ssbb?

There is no way the nunchuck and wii control will get the precise timing as you would get with a Gamecube control. Im sticking to gamecube control. Its brought me money/ wins.. im sticking with that! lol

Im gonna use the classic controller.

does anyone know if u got a classic controller and one wii mote if u hook the classic controller into the wiimote then u can still play with the wiimote while using the classic?

yeah i'm with ya... i plan on using wii mote plus nunchuck

not sure about my customized controls i will just have to wait and see what i like

Darkonix said:
There is no way the nunchuck and wii control will get the precise timing as you would get with a Gamecube control. Im sticking to gamecube control. Its brought me money/ wins.. im sticking with that! lol
i disagree.. the only big difference beween the wii mote and the nunchuck is that there is two remotes on one side the buttons and th other side the analogue. i think if you get used to it you could get as good as the gc controller, the only problem might be that you cant maneuver the analogue stick fats enough on the nunchick compared to on the gamecube analogue because its an abit of an awckward position. but its worth a try and like i said before. you can get used to it.

....wiiiiiii..... said:
can somone tell me what the classic controller is like and how much it costs, i think ime sticking to the wiimotenuchick combo but the classic controller would be wya cheaper.. do you think it owuld be good for ssbb?

Why would the classic controller + wii remote combo be way cheaper? Both the classic controller and the nunchuk cost $20.

yeh but ive only got 2 wiimotes and i want to play 4 player, so buying 2 more wiimote-nunchuck's would cost 200 bucks. and 4 more classic controlers would probably be cheaper. :)

....wiiiiiii..... said:
yeh but ive only got 2 wiimotes and i want to play 4 player, so buying 2 more wiimote-nunchuck's would cost 200 bucks. and 4 more classic controlers would probably be cheaper. :)

You do know that both the Nunchuk and Classic Controller plug in to the back of the Wii Remote?

Back