SSBB: Daily Update - Slippy banana skins

Rob Rymond

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2007
Solihull, U.K
[xfloat=left]http://www.wiichat.com/robry/smashbroslogo1.jpg[/xfloat]So you join us on Day 5050 of the Smash Brothers updates (these things do drag on you know!) and today we can get in full-blown excitement over a yellow banana skin.

item04_070627b.jpg

You see banana skins will act as a slipping device (no, never!) on stages as they can be thrown onto the floor to let some unsuspecting character slip over.

Too top it off we have some screenshots of the 'skin in action which you can see below. For discussion on banana skins head right over to the forum.

Attachments

• item04_070627c.jpg
    item04_070627c.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 194
  • item04_070627d.jpg
    item04_070627d.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 219
  • item04_070627e.jpg
    item04_070627e.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 199
Yea, I was... disappointed, put simply, when I saw that. I love how they toss in a new character in between all these foggy useless updates.

from mario kart cmon wheres the real inventive items, is this the best nintendo can whack out?

Why not just use the Smash Bros Site thread?
The update is posted on there like 2 minutes after the update comes out every day...

Lol, and aren't they called Banana Peels? At first I thought this was some sort of suit you can wear in the game.

THIS is the update? thats a standard thing for a nintendo game, and its nothin big at all...how stupid.

Classic Nintendo items eh, then they still need mushrooms, Luigi's vacuum (mentioned somewhere), Fludd, koopa shells and all that jazz from other games.

they have mushrooms and koopa shells in melee, (and koopa shells in 64 version if i'm not mistaken) so i think that's a given that they will be in melee, i'd rather see a banana peel than a koopa shell for an update, i don't see why everyone is flaming the banana peel, i do'nt think it's that bad of an update, better then seeing fox's moves cause we already know what they are

I'm gettin really pissed at people comlaining about how "stupid" the updates are! At least we're getting news, unlike a couple weeks before the site came up. JUST GET OVER IT!!!:mad5:
sorry..

anyways, it's pretty cool, probably like a downgraded prox. mine, but maybe will immobilise target for a while when they fall?

Back